Gaming Card battling games on the DS...

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if there are any good card battling games on the DS? I always assumed the Yugi-Oh (sp?) anime was aimed at children but are the games any good?

I recall playing a bit of a pokemon card battling game on the gameboy that was surprisingly fun and I wanted to find something similar on DS. I know there is an SNK vs Capcom card battling game coming out but are there any others available for DS at the moment?

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes. There are two Yu-Gi-Oh! games out for the DS as of right now. (There is probably one more that was released in Japan so far, but I'm not quite sure.)

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Nightmare Troubadour and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller.

I have played Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller and it's fairly decent, but can get boring if you're not that into Yu-Gi-Oh! I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh!: Nightmare Troubadour, but I've heard it's very similar to Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller.

I haven't heard of any other card battling games so far. There is another Yu-Gi-Oh! game coming out sometime this year, but, again, that's Yu-Gi-Oh.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yu-Gi-Oh is a lot more complex than it seems. It just seems really basic because of the anime. It can be simple if you wish it to be, or you can make such a complicated deck you can confuse even yourself.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading the old GBC pokemon Card game, along with goomba color. Man, I still play my real copy of that. Best game ever.
Or the Yugioh gba ones are really good.

And thats pretty much it.
None on the ds are thst good, but you can play the gba onrs on it.

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a Marvel card battle game coming soon?

Yes. SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS.
05/01 Marvel Trading Card Game

Bah?! My bad
happy.gif
;;

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an option though it is not a 'card game' if you are thinking of something along the lines of Yu-Gi-Oh and its other variants.

Sangokushi Taisen is a 'card game' but not in the traditional sense. You collect cards and create your deck, but you use these cards on an arena. The idea of the game is to damage your opponent's gates to break through and win. Your deck is limited by points and each card is worth more or less points depending on its stats.

The interesting part is you actually physically move the cards around on the arena directing your armies to attack. You can activate special abilities during the battle to give you an advantage as well.

You might have seen it and other variants in Japanese arcades where it is immensely popular.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +3