Card battling games on the DS...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by 2cb2ct7, Mar 10, 2007.

Mar 10, 2007
  1. 2cb2ct7
    OP

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I was wondering if there are any good card battling games on the DS? I always assumed the Yugi-Oh (sp?) anime was aimed at children but are the games any good?

I recall playing a bit of a pokemon card battling game on the gameboy that was surprisingly fun and I wanted to find something similar on DS. I know there is an SNK vs Capcom card battling game coming out but are there any others available for DS at the moment?

2. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    aren't their 2 yu-gi-oh ds games? the first one wasnt bad, but a little simple. Probably not for the super hard core fans

3. Ryoku

Member Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes. There are two Yu-Gi-Oh! games out for the DS as of right now. (There is probably one more that was released in Japan so far, but I'm not quite sure.)

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Nightmare Troubadour and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller.

I have played Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller and it's fairly decent, but can get boring if you're not that into Yu-Gi-Oh! I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh!: Nightmare Troubadour, but I've heard it's very similar to Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller.

I haven't heard of any other card battling games so far. There is another Yu-Gi-Oh! game coming out sometime this year, but, again, that's Yu-Gi-Oh.

4. slightlyaskew

Member slightlyaskew GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Isn't there a Marvel card battle game coming soon?

5. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Yu-Gi-Oh is a lot more complex than it seems. It just seems really basic because of the anime. It can be simple if you wish it to be, or you can make such a complicated deck you can confuse even yourself.

6. Ryoku

United States
    Yes. SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS.

7. Purple

Member Purple GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    you could try the Prince of Persia game, I don't usually play card battle games but it's enjoyable.

8. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Try downloading the old GBC pokemon Card game, along with goomba color. Man, I still play my real copy of that. Best game ever.
    Or the Yugioh gba ones are really good.

And thats pretty much it.
    None on the ds are thst good, but you can play the gba onrs on it.

9. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    if only the game was that complex....

10. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    05/01 Marvel Trading Card Game

11. Ryoku

United States
    Bah?! My bad [​IMG];;

12. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Here is an option though it is not a 'card game' if you are thinking of something along the lines of Yu-Gi-Oh and its other variants.

Sangokushi Taisen is a 'card game' but not in the traditional sense. You collect cards and create your deck, but you use these cards on an arena. The idea of the game is to damage your opponent's gates to break through and win. Your deck is limited by points and each card is worth more or less points depending on its stats.

The interesting part is you actually physically move the cards around on the arena directing your armies to attack. You can activate special abilities during the battle to give you an advantage as well.

You might have seen it and other variants in Japanese arcades where it is immensely popular.