Gaming Capcom has Wii Secrets in 2009

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know that MotoGP, Neopets Puzzle Adventure, Dead Rising Wii, and Spyborgs are coming to the Wii in 2009. But it looks like Capcom has some other surprises up their sleeves that same year. But they wouldn't let loose and talk about it. What exactly does Capcom have in mind? What are they scheming..

News Source: GoNintendo

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Not to be a douchebag, but is this really news? I mean... we kind of already know that game companies have stuff up their sleeves for next year. It's not really "shocking news".

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom has Monster Hunter Tri-cle...other than that, I expect more Zack & Wiki failure from them on Wii. They seem to be stubbornly clinging to the next-gen consoles when it comes to putting out their AAA games, while the Wii gets the second-string players.

I love Capcom (as probably almost every other gamer does), but when it comes to Nintendo platforms, they churn out the cheaply made games and that's about it. Whether those games are good or not is neither here nor there in my opinion -- they're not the level of greatness Capcom can and does produce for the other two systems. DMC? No. A real RE? Nada. At least the Japanese market gets a decent 2D fighter.

Personally, I'm glad Zack and Wiki was a commercial flop, as it should have been. Sure, the puzzles were clever, and much of the Wii Remote use was good. But ultimately, the game was low rent, and at $20, I still feel like I paid too much for that game.

But really, what do you expect from Capcom in `09? The announcement of an RE5 port?
rofl2.gif
Bionic Commando? Perhaps Lost Planet?

Nah. They're gonna give us more Neopets Puzzle Adventure-type games and a shoddy waggle-port of Dead Rising. Other than that, I don't expect anything worth creaming over, as far as Wii is concerned.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom making quality games and putting real effort into it on the Wii? NEVER. They're nothing but habitual backstabbers and liars going back to the N64 days.

Until it's in the box and on a shelf, whatever that surprise is doesn't exist.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom are one of the better developers around, its a shame that Zack & Wiki didn't do well as I thought it was very good. Can't say I care about Dead Rising as I already played the 360 version and they took away the camera element from the Wii version.

I don't see or want ports of RE5 or Bionic Commando but I'd love to see some Wii exclusive entries in those series.

nightshade_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, a Wii version of Bionic Commando would be interesting. But it would be one of those games that would either have to be done perfectly, or not at all.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well.. that was said by CAPCOM US people.. So, could be just the release of all those GC RE remakes in West
tongue.gif

It's obvious is doing something for the Wii, just like everyone else, ignoring the biggest user base is not something smart.. but yep, the Wii needs exclusive stuff.. even with better controls, ports of RE5 and Bionic Commando would be ignored by most people in favor of the 360/PS3 ones.. specially if they come later.

IMO, a new Mega man Legends would fit perfectly on the Wii, more cartoony looks work well on the Wii and using the Wiimote as a mega buster is a perfect match!
tongue.gif

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
I gotta agree with a new Mega Man Legends game for the Wii. Hopefully they pick up the BoF series again, since a new entry in the series is really overdue.

I recently read somewhere that Capcom has basically dropped the BoF series, such a shame.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone posted a quote from them saying that the series is just taking a break or something. Otherwise, I really hope they didn't drop it because it's the only series IMO to rival FF (Even though I hate most of the FFs now).

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Someone posted a quote from them saying that the series is just taking a break or something. Otherwise, I really hope they didn't drop it because it's the only series IMO to rival FF (Even though I hate most of the FFs now).

Lets hope they're taking a break, after the god-awful BoF5... 2 and 3 were my favorites, lets have some more of those! Hell I'd even deal with the route Squeenix is taking with remaking. I'd love to see BoF2 re-made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo