Capcom has Wii Secrets in 2009

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rock Raiyu, Dec 24, 2008.

Dec 24, 2008
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    We all know that MotoGP, Neopets Puzzle Adventure, Dead Rising Wii, and Spyborgs are coming to the Wii in 2009. But it looks like Capcom has some other surprises up their sleeves that same year. But they wouldn't let loose and talk about it. What exactly does Capcom have in mind? What are they scheming..

News Source: GoNintendo

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Not to be a douchebag, but is this really news? I mean... we kind of already know that game companies have stuff up their sleeves for next year. It's not really "shocking news".

3. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Capcom? Making GAMES!?

Well I never!

4. chaseincats

Member chaseincats GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ya i think capcom is tired of making games i heard they are going into carpentry in Q1

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Capcom has Monster Hunter Tri-cle...other than that, I expect more Zack & Wiki failure from them on Wii. They seem to be stubbornly clinging to the next-gen consoles when it comes to putting out their AAA games, while the Wii gets the second-string players.

I love Capcom (as probably almost every other gamer does), but when it comes to Nintendo platforms, they churn out the cheaply made games and that's about it. Whether those games are good or not is neither here nor there in my opinion -- they're not the level of greatness Capcom can and does produce for the other two systems. DMC? No. A real RE? Nada. At least the Japanese market gets a decent 2D fighter.

Personally, I'm glad Zack and Wiki was a commercial flop, as it should have been. Sure, the puzzles were clever, and much of the Wii Remote use was good. But ultimately, the game was low rent, and at $20, I still feel like I paid too much for that game.

But really, what do you expect from Capcom in `09? The announcement of an RE5 port? [​IMG] Bionic Commando? Perhaps Lost Planet?

Nah. They're gonna give us more Neopets Puzzle Adventure-type games and a shoddy waggle-port of Dead Rising. Other than that, I don't expect anything worth creaming over, as far as Wii is concerned.

6. Inylo

Banned Inylo Banned

Canada
    No secrets Allowed

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Capcom making quality games and putting real effort into it on the Wii? NEVER. They're nothing but habitual backstabbers and liars going back to the N64 days.

Until it's in the box and on a shelf, whatever that surprise is doesn't exist.

8. cucukshow

Newcomer cucukshow Member

Uzbekistan
    hehe
    salamatsys !
    :-)

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Capcom are one of the better developers around, its a shame that Zack & Wiki didn't do well as I thought it was very good. Can't say I care about Dead Rising as I already played the 360 version and they took away the camera element from the Wii version.

I don't see or want ports of RE5 or Bionic Commando but I'd love to see some Wii exclusive entries in those series.

10. nightshade_zero

Newcomer nightshade_zero Member

United States
    Actually, a Wii version of Bionic Commando would be interesting. But it would be one of those games that would either have to be done perfectly, or not at all.

11. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Well.. that was said by CAPCOM US people.. So, could be just the release of all those GC RE remakes in West [​IMG]

It's obvious is doing something for the Wii, just like everyone else, ignoring the biggest user base is not something smart.. but yep, the Wii needs exclusive stuff.. even with better controls, ports of RE5 and Bionic Commando would be ignored by most people in favor of the 360/PS3 ones.. specially if they come later.

IMO, a new Mega man Legends would fit perfectly on the Wii, more cartoony looks work well on the Wii and using the Wiimote as a mega buster is a perfect match! [​IMG]

12. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I gotta agree with a new Mega Man Legends game for the Wii. Hopefully they pick up the BoF series again, since a new entry in the series is really overdue.

13. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    And I heard Nintendo are going into plumbing

14. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recently read somewhere that Capcom has basically dropped the BoF series, such a shame.

15. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Someone posted a quote from them saying that the series is just taking a break or something. Otherwise, I really hope they didn't drop it because it's the only series IMO to rival FF (Even though I hate most of the FFs now).

16. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Lets hope they're taking a break, after the god-awful BoF5... 2 and 3 were my favorites, lets have some more of those! Hell I'd even deal with the route Squeenix is taking with remaking. I'd love to see BoF2 re-made.