Capcom for sale

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[Sony] seem content with their current studios, they also recently opened a new studio too.

Generally in business if you are content, and are not a one man band or rough equivalent just working to retirement, then you have failed, worse you have failed and you probably do not know it yet. You can coast as a market picks back up or develops but never be content.

Zizzy13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep it third-party. I'd hate to see them drop a good game series because it clashes with their demographic or some shit.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, ever since E3 the Nintendo fanboys have been fiercer than ever. Or maybe I've been away from GBATemp for too long and it has always been this bad. :unsure:

Because calling them fanboys really helps discussions. Sony and Microsoft has fanboys as well and they're not exactly angelic either. The one-sided Nintendo fanbois bullshit is just ridiculous. Just saying.

Reactions: Zizzy13

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Because calling them fanboys really helps discussions. Sony and Microsoft has fanboys as well and they're not exactly angelic either. The one-sided Nintendo fanbois bullshit is just ridiculous. Just saying.

You can't deny they're quite bad though. Especially on GBATemp. There's proof to support this a la Golden Threads.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't deny they're quite bad though. Especially on GBATemp. There's proof to support this a la Golden Threads.

Nevertheless, not all of them are like that, the ones that are, are. When all Nintendo fans are lumped together as one virulent entity, that's when things go bad. I could conversely state that the anti-Nintendo bias is bad, but it's not, so I won't.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, it's a general rule that the jocks beat up the dorks, not the other way around. Think about it, it's only natural. ;O;

In other words, one-sided bullshitting fights that don't end well and will never end well. Got it.

It's all in good spirits. There's no improvement without criticism. ;)

Sometimes I wonder...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Personally, I think it's hilarious. I can only imagine board meetings the last couple of days/weeks went something like this:

Capcom shareholders: guys...you need to do something. Capcom was already known of producing more DLC than actual games and this extra DLC on top of the "ultimate" street fighter game hasn't helped. We need to improve this company's reputation FAST! :angry:
Capcom board: don't worry. Trust us. We'll have a trick up our sleeve. :)
Shareholders: okay...but you better show it at E3!

(a bit later, after the meeting)
one director: so...I didn't say anything, but really. How the hell ARE we going to solve this?
another one: simple. We'll reclaim the negativity that surrounds it, embrace dlc as something that's absolutely beneficial. After all, who will hate us for our policies if we're downright in their face with it? :)
one director: hmm...sounds logical. All right...As usual, I'll ignore all warnings from our game creators, pitch this to our marketing guys and blindly use what they come up with. :)

(later, at E3)
Capcom representative: coming soon: Super Ultra Dead rising 3 arcade remix hyper edition EX+ Alpha! :D
Shareholders: :wtf:
Shareholders: that's it. We're selling this dump!

On a more serious note...I really wish capcom will consider selling their IP's individually rather than letting companies attempt to gain market share. No matter who ends up buying, there is simply no way one of the big three can use all those IP's to produce games. Let alone quality games that do the originals justice.

Reactions: Xabring

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on your definition of "helping".

As in, for people not being arrogant or demeaning to other people with different tastes, in this case, preferring Nintendo over another company. It's one thing to point out a company's flaws, it's quite another to treat Nintendo fans like they're some virulent disease and treat them like shit.

Reactions: grossaffe

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is funny to do it from time to time. It is usually only when people get defensive when people suggest the N64 might have been a failure or we get threads like "OMG only 7/10 for [less than great handheld entry in a less popular Nintendo series that had a good game on the NES/SNES]" that it gets ugly.

Few would argue that Nintendo did not make good games at one point in time, or at least did not provide an environment in which good games could happen and there may even still be lessons to learn from that era (not many as game design is rapidly evolving into something respectable but hey). Being fans of that is fine, it is the full nostalgia goggles (including nostalgia for an age that never existed*) bit that grates.

*other than the N64 my favourite is when people try to claim third parties are not needed, because that basically never happened (certainly not on the NES, SNES, GBA or DS, not even really on the GB/GBC) and in this multimillion selling world that could ever happen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water