Capcom exec hints at Monster Hunter for PSVita and 3DS

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
Maedhros said:
Two analogs > 3D any day. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Hence Vita version being the obvious choice for anyone with a brain (and a Vita).
Clearly, no game systems with only using a single analog in the history of gaming have been remotely good.

Yes, friends. The NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, early PS1, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, and all handhelds released to date are all terrible and unplayable. Only a fool would think otherwise.

lol there was never any mention of single analog being 'bad' at all, anywhere. Stop being so defensive. We all know how important control is in Monster Hunter, and it's a no brainer that dual analog will provide slightly better control if it's anything like the PS2 or Wii classic controller implementations, that will be the most important thing for hardcore Monster Hunter fans, but that by no means say that the game will be bad or fail on the 3DS if it makes it's way on the platform.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
akuchan said:
Midna said:
Maedhros said:

Hence Vita version being the obvious choice for anyone with a brain (and a Vita).
Clearly, no game systems with only using a single analog in the history of gaming have been remotely good.

Yes, friends. The NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, early PS1, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, and all handhelds released to date are all terrible and unplayable. Only a fool would think otherwise.

lol there was never any mention of single analog being 'bad' at all, anywhere. Stop being so defensive. We all know how important control is in Monster Hunter, and it's a no brainer that dual analog will provide slightly better control if it's anything like the PS2 or Wii classic controller implementations, that will be the most important thing for hardcore Monster Hunter fans, but that by no means say that the game will be bad or fail on the 3DS if it makes it's way on the platform.
>Implying that i mad

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:

A second analog will offer better camera controls than a resistive touch. But for those who can't afford both systems, and already own a 3DS, the 3DS version is actually more than enough (if there were one)

I don't care about the 3D. I played MH on the PSP (only one analog which is more difficult to handle than the 3DS's) and the game turned out fabulous. Graphics are also good enough. A HD version of course will look better.

EDIT: read through all the others and I have to agree with Maedhros, gyro won't work out too well

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
akuchan said:
>Implying that hardcore Monster Hunter fans should worry more about a second analog than the game itself.
tongue.gif

I think the 3D would work well with this game.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
KingVamp said:

Not being a fanboy or what, but I have to say... The 3D DOES add a whole lot of depth in those battlefield environments (even in 400 X 280).

However, if Capcom decides to go lazy, expect massive framerate cuts and glitchy scenes in 3D.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
KingVamp said:

Not being a fanboy or what, but I have to say... The 3D DOES add a whole lot of depth in those battlefield environments (even in 400 X 280).

However, if Capcom decides to go lazy, expect massive framerate cuts and glitchy scenes in 3D.

Why does like 3D = possible fanboy?
laugh.gif

Anyway,I doubt that Capcom will try to do that with this game. (better not do no reset either)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
KingVamp said:
chris888222 said:
KingVamp said:

Why does like 3D = possible fanboy?
laugh.gif

Anyway,I doubt that Capcom will try to do that with this game. (better not do no reset either)
Haha, well some might get the wrong idea and think that I'm saying '3D IS WAY MORE SUPERIORZ THAN YOUR THUMB STICKZ'. I've met them before.

I agree. Up to date the most 'glitchy' game for the 3DS by capcom was RE Mercs, but it didn't really disrupt gameplay, and it was rushed.

Capcom also said to have learnt it's lesson on the saves...

Let's see what Capcom can come out with. I hope to see Capcom making more use on the 3D and other features like the lower screen or gyro (on 3DS) and the touch rear and gyro (for Vita). Let's see what capcom can surprise us with.
happy.gif

Also, I hope the saying of 3D < HD or 3DS RAWKS or whatever won't cause a war amongst tempers.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DiscostewSM said:
A second analog will help with manual camera control, no doubt about that, but if the camera system is designed decently, it may be able to operate well enough without it or as a more simplistic form, much like the Zelda Z-targeting system.
I have to say, games like RE Mercs have great camera systems (to me).

The lower screen can also be used to adjust the camera angle, but obviously a second analog provides better control.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
DiscostewSM said:
A second analog will help with manual camera control, no doubt about that, but if the camera system is designed decently, it may be able to operate well enough without it or as a more simplistic form, much like the Zelda Z-targeting system.
I have to say, games like RE Mercs have great camera systems (to me).

The lower screen can also be used to adjust the camera angle, but obviously a second analog provides better control.
I agree. When I think of MH 3DS I instantly think of touch screen camera, which I think could work well, but a second thumb stick would be easier.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Come to think of it... If really both consoles were to have the game. Imagine if capcom added cross platform co-op

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Come to think of it... If really both consoles were to have the game. Imagine if capcom added cross platform co-op
Idk how they would get a cross Sony and Nintendo. It isn't easy (or possible?) like a PC to a console,but it would be nice tho.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
camera wouldn't be such an issue if they made at least 2 camera schemes. one free-look and one auto target/lock on. free look lets you look around as much as you want, and autotarget/lock on lets you focus on moving around and hitting/firing at the same time. if you want accuracy, stand still. if you wanna maneuver, lock on.

easy.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
akuchan said:
>Implying that hardcore Monster Hunter fans should worry more about a second analog than the game itself.
tongue.gif

Heh I just wanted to focus on the controls rather than compare game wise, since as far as we know MH 3DS and MH Vita doesn't even exist yet, so I'm just talking on the assumption that both games are equal =p
But if it does make it to 3DS, we can assume the controls will be at least as good as the PSP ones right, which can't be a bad thing at all anyways lol.

There was a thread showing what some gamecube/wii games may look like in 3D on the 3DS, and the MH Tri ones did look pretty amazing I gotta admit. I played Tri almost exclusively online so I hope there'll be proper online support if they do make another portable MH, that'll be all I need!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill