Can't we do this for DSi Ware??

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SamAsh07, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    A person downloads DSi Ware game, and copies to his SD card, then to PC, uploads on megaupload or any other site and share it with other DSi users?? Then downloaders can transfer the DSi Ware game to SD card then to DSi Internal memory and possibly uhh play??

This is a stupid thought I know, but is it possible??

2. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    no,if it was people would've done this 6 months ago

3. dancubs

dancubs Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    It could be possible once hackers find a way to knock around the DSi's memory. But for now, nope. DSiwares are untouchable.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Not until the DSi is cracked. The server encrypts all of the DSiware data before sending it to your DSi, so it will only work on that specific system. To get around this the encryption would have to be cracked.

5. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    ah, thanks for answering, this is just my 3rd day with DSi so wasn't aware of its security, well if Wii and of all CONSOLES the PS3 got hacked, then DSi must be a walk in the park for hackers (I don't know, maybe its even more difficult, but good luck to the ppl trying to crack it)

6. macgeek417

macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    It's more difficult. Nintendo learned from the Wii and improved the security for the DSi.

7. Danny Tanner

Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2009
    United States
    New York
    I never really knew the specifics of this, but if the encryption is done on Nintendo's server, does that mean as soon as the DSi is cracked, Nintendo can change the encryption, update the firmware, and any games released after that point would be back to square one?

8. kennypu

kennypu GBAtemp Fan

May 23, 2008
    United States
    @OP:
    DSiware games are already dumped, they have it at my provider site. Xcept its still pointless because since the DSi isn't hacked yet, we can't use it. It's also encryped just like the virtual console games. Just wait till they hack everything :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.