Hacking Can't update my Wiikey, suspecting clone "pics"

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The other backup games are working fine, so i'am not sure about bad wiring... if it was the case others games won't work at all.

I just got an answer from the seller and it's a OFFICIAL NO, they don't want to help me even sending me a new chip, they say that i'am the only customer with this problem, if it was the case I don't know what they can lose to send me a new wiikey?? That make no sense... So it prove that the service is not good at all if they can't take time to help the only costumer with a problem! They told me that it's not their fault that Nintendo is doing protected games... sure, but it'S their fault if they sold me a wiikey that can't be updatable, the reason why I got the wiikey it'S because it'S updatable, but that's not what they sell me so they screw me, so YES it'S their fault...

Well, I have a no choice to warn people who wants to buy their stuff there, the place is WWW.GOCYBERSHOP.CA so be careful if you buy there because even if they say wiikey it'S probably a clone they also have D2CKey Modchip so not sure if it's a clone or not.

I will also post a review in the sellers review THREAD. They are not there yet, so it will be a 100% negative feedback.

If you read this i'am sorry but I did my best to try to deal with you guys with no success

One of you asked me what they advertising for wiikey, so just check it there http://www.gocybershopping.com/customer/pr...&cat=289&page=1

Bye and a big 0 for service to www.gocybershop.ca

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got news from the sellers, they say that they never installed original wiikey, it was always clone for everybody...

But when I got the wii it was really saying New Nintendo Wii Console Modified with Wii Key Modchip I still have the receipt in front of me...

They say they never got any problem in the past... well it's hard to prove

Can somebody confirm that due to the fact that it's a clone wiikey it's normal that I get this problem or it can be somthing else related to soldering and broken chip...

Thanks again

ewwwwwww clones what a crappy seller im glad you made this thread now

on the website it says WII KEY and even has the WII KEY Logo on it yet there selling clones .......... that sucks :-(

i will stay away thank you !

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I respond to their e-mail.
They are selling the chip 22$CAN so I told them that I really don't get it why they are ready to lose 20$ for the supposely only not happy costumer even if they already make big money selling a thousand (per what they told me)...
And for that same small amount they are ready to have bad reviews on web sites, all that after 5 e-mails, it's not because i didn't warn them or try to deal with them, so even with all the pressure, they were not ready to help me, so no doubt service is very bad...

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
REPORT THEM to http://www.wiikeyguide.com/index.html they have a shame list

this is from the website

The Shame Section is for exposing company's & web shops that are selling & installing clone wiikey's as the original item. These business are blatantly lying to their customers about the product being installed or sold to them. The Shame Sections purpose is not to expose those company's selling WiiKey clones advertised as such, but those company's blatantly selling clones as if they were the original item. We believe that this is shady business and anyone caught doing so deserves to be exposed for lying to customers about what they paid for.

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot, they will really hate me after that!
But they didn't give me any choice and that's the only way for us WEB costumer to avoid other people getting screw by company like that. It's easy to give bad services when your are 2000 Kilometers of your costumers.
I still have their e-mail stating that they always installed CLONE chip and never got wiikey...
But in the first e-mail I sent them during my warranty period, they confirm me that I have a wiikey...
They also told me that original wiikey is too expensive for nothing, so why paying too much when you can get a copy witch do the same... but they still sell them to people for the price of an original?!?!

Thanks again!

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Dafluke24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read on other forums people with real wiikey chips are having problems as well. From what I can gather, no one is really sure other than could be a shodder install of the chip. Take it for what it's worth, but I'm glad my clone works.

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with the clones is the fuse... if they set the fuse wrong then it will not update... So some clones work and some clones dont..

All I know I have updated over 10 WIIKeys and havent had an issue once...

IMHO I dont think any of the org wiikeys have issue except user error.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i know a few friends with clones, and they have all worked fine.

Doesn't mean that all clone works fine...

Check over the web you'll see a lots of clones having the same issue, if you think the chip is not the problem, so fine, i'am ready to wait your explanation of why mine can't be updated!!!.....

Oh i dont mean that. I just meant from my experience, the clones worked fine.. So as you say, some must work and some dont.

Frankdux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your solder job is not correct, the solder point is not on the correct point that is outlined in blue.. 100% not right.

clones will take the update no problem, from what I have seen many people with originals including myself have had more problems updating then the clones did .. i have a few clones aswell and yes i did the testing and it was true..

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your solder job is not correct, the solder point is not on the correct point that is outlined in blue.. 100% not right.

clones will take the update no problem, from what I have seen many people with originals including myself have had more problems updating then the clones did ..  i have a few clones aswell and yes i did the testing and it was true..

His soldering is fine..it's sloppy but it's not incorrect. It's still reading backups it just won't update. If the soldering was wrong it wouldn't read the backups at all.

The cheaper clones aren't built with the same fuse as the originals and so they don't update. End of. Stop giving the poor guy incorrect info.

If someones having problems updating their "original" it probably isn't an original. or they don't know what thy are doing I can't count the number of times i've seen people say "oh it does a test first?"

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please quit posting this nonsense about fuses - especially when you don't know what you are talking about. If it is a true WiiKey clone then it is using an ATMEGA8 chip, there is no physical fuse on the board itself, but rather fuse bits that are set within the chip. I still haven't seen anyone that has produced a clone that was verified as having the fuses set to the wrong values. It is almost always user error either with the install or bad burn of the update/setup disc that the Wii just can't read completely.

If it is an open source chip or one that's not even updatable then it's not a wiiKey clone.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please quit posting this nonsense about fuses - especially when you don't know what you are talking about.  If it is a true WiiKey clone then it is using an ATMEGA8 chip, there is no physical fuse on the board itself, but rather fuse bits that are set within the chip.  I still haven't seen anyone that has produced a clone that was verified as having the fuses set to the wrong values.  It is almost always user error either with the install or bad burn of the update/setup disc that the Wii just can't read completely.

If it is an open source chip or one that's not even updatable then it's not a wiiKey clone.

check out this diagram
avr-parallel.gif

the fusebits aren't set correctly for a flash to be possible like they are on the wiikey original and some clones.

try a Google search for "atmega8 datasheet"

you'll see some clones are a different set value.

but yeah a lot of it is user mistakes. tons of people don't even seem to realize the the first run through on the update disc is a test hehe.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
There are only atmega8 and atmega8L (L=low power version, slightly slower built in processor) used on clones and original wiikeys afaik.

From experience with atmega cards (cable boxes ect), 'Fusebit' values are always the same until commanded to be changed via a software command, when the power is turned off the the 'fusebit' values will always return to their default state, meaning the next time you programme them you have to set the relevant values again before flashing anything.

Something else is stopping the updates, probably something like one these reasons...... a badly assembled/faulty chip board layout, 1 of the 2 resistors maybe dead, bad/incorrect wiring, badly burnt disc, poor media or failing laser.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are only atmega8 and atmega8L (L=low power version, slightly slower built in processor) used on clones and original wiikeys afaik.

From experience with atmega cards (cable boxes ect), 'Fusebit' values are always the same until commanded to be changed via a software command, when the power is turned off the the 'fusebit' values will always return to their default state, meaning the next time you programme them you have to set the relevant values again before flashing anything.

Something else is stopping the updates, probably something like one these reasons...... a badly assembled/faulty chip board layout, 1 of the 2 resistors maybe dead, bad/incorrect wiring, badly burnt disc, poor media or failing laser.

I don't know I've seen about 3 or 4 different builds of clones.
They used to have a comparison chart of them all, oddly enough, on wiikey.com.cn which is the site of the clones. heh.
I'm checking if they have it up still. I've only found this so far though

http://wiikey.com.cn/Download/files/Fake.jpg

here's the one with all the different clones

http://www.wiikeyguide.com/wiikey-clone-comparison.html

I mean team Xeno even said they were going to make it so the updates wouldn't work on clones. And I'm sure they know what they are talking about.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That site is actually a clone chip site which cloned the wiikey.cn website as well.
laugh.gif

The component highlighted in the pic is a resistor, and is fine. I think the pic you are looking for is this: http://www.wiikey.cn/images/clones2.jpg

If it is a WiiKey 'clone' then it will have an ATMEGA8 chip. The only difference is the pcb it is sitting on. This is what I am calling a 'true clone'. If it's a different chip then it's not a WiiKey clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: redacted - FBI