Hacking Can't play DPG on M3 iZero, Sakura

renu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

When I select a DPG movie in M3 Sakura, both screens go black and the system seems to freeze (have to turn it off).

I converted the DPG with the latest dpgenc from dpgtools.

I have the M3 Sakura (1.47) on a M3 iZero card in a DSi XL.

Does anyone know how to get the movie player to work?

Thanks!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
perhaps the converter you used is too new, sakura doesn't play the newer dpg4 encoding.
only real way to check if your file is dpg is by opening it up in a hex editor or notepad(warning! loading is very slow in notepad!) and checking the header(first piece of data stating the contents of the file)
it should say either dpg, dpg2, dpg3, or dpg4.
if it's dpg4 you need moonshell 4 to play it.

you can also just use the m3sakura video encoder, which uses dsm instead(m3-only format)
it can be obtained by downloading the full-installer version of m3sakura off handheldsources.net

renu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
you can also just use the m3sakura video encoder, which uses dsm instead(m3-only format)
it can be obtained by downloading the full-installer version of m3sakura off handheldsources.net

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I will check the dpg version.

I do have the movie converter from M3, but I couldn't get it to recognize any movie formats. I tried vobs, mpeg2, mpeg4, I always get incorrect format error.

Do you know what input formats it takes?

Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
only real way to check if your file is dpg is by opening it up in a hex editor or notepad(warning! loading is very slow in notepad!) and checking the header(first piece of data stating the contents of the file)
You could also use dpginfo.exe to check the .dpg format (available in the MS2 download)...Its a bit easier to use for checking than opening it with a hex editor or notepad.

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
if it's dpg4 you need moonshell 4 to play it.

Darn it my time flux capaciter is broken again.
Lol Jk
Yeah like they said sakura doesn't support dpg4 you need moonshell2 or you need to convert it to dpg3 or lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol