Can't Overwrite Save File??

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Daltondorf, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Daltondorf
    OP

Daltondorf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2019
    Canada
    Hey there! I'm running Hyrule Warriors and have been attempting to restore a past save of mine that I had. However, no matter how I try to restore it (Saviine, Savemii mod, etc.) when I launch the game, my save file is exactly the same

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm running Mocha cfw on 5.5.3

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    there are two ftpii u everywhere. one is for mocha; the other for haxchi/cbhc. I can't remember if it will even allow a connection, if using the wrong version.

3. Daltondorf
    OP

Daltondorf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2019
    Canada
    I actually do have ftpii u working on my system. But I ended up reading somewhere that you shouldn't try to manually patch your save using it as it can cause problems, so I haven't tried it yet

Is it fine to use it for save patching then?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I don't know anything about save patching, but I have tested injecting saves. I'm not sure if ftpii u everywhere will make a connection if you're using the wrong version. you can get either version from the homebrew store, which you can enter online or on the system. here it is online: https://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/category/tools

edit: oh, I didn't realize you were using saviine or savemii mod. I've backed up my saves with both as well as system config tool. they should all be compatible with each other (I know system config tool and saviine are). I've injected saves before without a problem, as just a test.

Last edited by godreborn, Aug 11, 2019
  5. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    SaveMii works I have restored a ton of saves.

Do this copy your save you want to restore to your computer, then backup the save that's on the Wii U and make sure they match. If they don't match that's the problem. They should be identical. If they're identical overwrite the one you got from the Wii U with the one you want, then put it back on your sd card in the same location it was on the sd card and restore it on SaveMii.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 11, 2019
  6. Daltondorf
    OP

Daltondorf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2019
    Canada
    That seemed to do it, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted