Restoring Wii U Save Files from backup to a Replacement Console Question.

LuxBrush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone.
I'm currently in the process of restoring Wii U save files from a backup to my friend's replacement Wii U console. Initially, I thought I would need to perform a soft-mod on the Wii U. However, I recently came up with an alternative solution: modifying the save files on a USB drive formatted by the Wii U, as my friend doesn't really need a soft-modded Wii U.
I wanted to confirm if this approach is possible and if it is considered a good idea.
Thank you all for your assistance.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can just launch Aroma or Tiramisu directly from the browser exploit and use the FTP or a save game manger homebrew.
For injecting it to the USB Drive you would need th otp and seeprom anyway.

Reactions: LuxBrush

LuxBrush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just launch Aroma or Tiramisu directly from the browser exploit and use the FTP or a save game manger homebrew.
For injecting it to the USB Drive you would need th otp and seeprom anyway.
To make sure I'm understanding correctly, I don't need to do any mods to the console and can just launch Tiramisu directly from the SD card, and then use something like SaveMii?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
exactly. Still would recommend a backup, just in case the eMMC dies again or an Update goes wrong or something like that

Reactions: LuxBrush

LuxBrush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly. Still would recommend a backup, just in case the eMMC dies again or an Update goes wrong or something like that
Gotcha. Thanks for the help. This forum has been a lifesaver. And yeah, I'm definitely making those backups for this console and my own.
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to ask, how do I run Tiramisu from the SD card? I think I know how, but I'm being extra cautious.

Last edited by LuxBrush,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c