Hacking How to access batch saves from SaveMii

Martonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I was having an issue with Data Management on my Wii U, so I formatted the system, but not before modding it and using SaveMii to back up my saves. I had individually backed up the saves I absolutely did not want to lose, multiplayer games where my friends and I had put hundreds of hours into unlocking things. But after that, I noticed the “batch backup” option in the menu, and used that to back up everything else.

After the system reset, I was able to pop right back into SaveMii and, after booting up the games at least once, restore the backed-up saves. However, I can’t for the life of me find out how to use the batch backup. There’s no option to do that in SaveMii itself that I can find, and when I go to the titles I didn’t make individual saves for, all 256 slots are empty. I thought that if all else failed, I could move files around on the SD card, but when I looked closely, I saw that the folders in the batch backup don’t seem to have all the same files as the individual backups.

I’m very new to modding, so I apologize if there’s something obvious here I’m missing. But I haven’t been able to figure this out for myself, and Google searches keep coming up dry. So I hope you can help me out here.

TL,DR: After I make a batch backup in SaveMii, how do I restore saves from that backup?

Martonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if there's a way to batch install, but the slots have that location included in their path. It's a folder called 0 for slot 0.
Right, but those saves don’t show up. Not in slot 0, not in slot 1, not in slot 255.

Hmm… like I said, I already had some saves backed up individually, and those were all in 0. If I change the batch folder name from 0 to 1, do you think that would help? Like, maybe the batch saves aren’t showing up because there are individual saves in some of those slots? It seems like they would still show up for games that didn’t have individual saves, but again, I’m new to all this.

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Right, but those saves don’t show up. Not in slot 0, not in slot 1, not in slot 255.

Hmm… like I said, I already had some saves backed up individually, and those were all in 0. If I change the batch folder name from 0 to 1, do you think that would help? Like, maybe the batch saves aren’t showing up because there are individual saves in some of those slots? It seems like they would still show up for games that didn’t have individual saves, but again, I’m new to all this.
They’re in sd:/wiiu/saves/batch/[timestamp], I thought of adding a way to restore batch backups a while ago but haven’t figured out how to do it in a UX perspective

Reactions: godreborn

Martonimos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They’re in sd:/wiiu/saves/batch/[timestamp], I thought of adding a way to restore batch backups a while ago but haven’t figured out how to do it in a UX perspective
I see. I did eventually wind up brute-forcing it, creating and copying folders as needed to get the relevant saves from the batch folder into their proper places. At first, it seemed like it didn’t work; the slots now appeared in SaveMii as “used,” but also as “empty,” no matter which user I selected. But, after restoring the saves, the games themselves all worked fine (with one slight exception). I guess they just looked that way because they lacked the metadata files the other saves had automatically.

One virtual console game (Earthbound Beginnings) gave me a fright when it looked like all the save files were empty, but then I noticed a restore point I’d created from late in the game. I loaded that up, reset the game, and everything was as it should be.

I take it you’re the one behind SaveMii? Thanks for ensuring I didn’t lose all those hours of gameplay just because my Wii U’s NAND was misbehaving.

Reactions: Xpl0itU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it