Cant login to steam or hotmail

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Pizzaroo, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Pizzaroo
    OP

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    When I try to login to steam this comes up:

Login to Steam failed.
    Either account does not exist, or the password was wrong.
    Please check your account name and password or try again.

And then I try to login to my hotmail to retrieve my verification code, and I find I can't log in to hotmail either, my password is invalid.

Does this mean I am completely screwed? Please help! I just bought GTA4 [​IMG]

2. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    There's a lost/reset password system for Hotmail if all else fails.

I assume you would've thought of this but I'll suggest it anyway; if you have MSN installed tied to the Hotmail account, and MSN automatically logs you in, then even if you've forgotten the password you can get into your Hotmail from there. [​IMG]

3. Pizzaroo
    OP

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    No, it's not that. Someone broke into my account and changed the password and I forgot my secret answer to my question. Anyone else have this problem? [​IMG]

4. Pizzaroo
    OP

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    And with the fucking radical guys from steam, I'm almost on my way to a new password!

Microsoft just sent me an automated message saying to go to an automated support site. I just got most of my contacts back on my new MSN account with the help of Myspace. Thats' right. Myspace.

In other news, I just switched to Yahoo! Mail.

5. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    Yahoo Mail... A lot of people from Philippines use it. I've been thinking of getting one... But I was like... Nah. Try Gmail. It's pretty good. I am using it for game signups and what ever... My Hotmail is used for personal purposes.

6. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    I've been meaning to do that with Gmail, though I just can't be bothered anymore.

7. Licardo7

Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    um, you probably got hacked. I just got hacked too but i'm taking care of it right away and my hacking friends are gonna have a talk to the guy who hacked me ([​IMG]) because he tried to hack them too. anyways.

follow the instructions on this video. It will porbablytake a day to get your account back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU3x49-f9C4