Hacking Can't install SDF in region changed emunand

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a region changed emunand but I can't get the savedatafiler cia to install, does anyone know why it would give a invalid signature error?

I have tried using FBI in both Gateway mode and rxTools mode and both give the same error.

I successfully installed the FBI and other homebrew cia's it is just SDF and one legit cia I tried as a test case that doesn't work. The non working ones are both signed by Nintendo is strange and those legits are supposed to even work without signature patches.

Abdul Paulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a region changed emunand but I can't get the savedatafiler cia to install, does anyone know why it would give a invalid signature error?

I have tried using FBI in both Gateway mode and rxTools mode and both give the same error.

I successfully installed the FBI and other homebrew cia's it is just SDF and one legit cia I tried as a test case that doesn't work. The non working ones are both signed by Nintendo is strange and those legits are supposed to even work without signature patches.
Check to see if the cias aren't corrupted. (Bad (micro)sd card ?)
I had no trouble installing SDF on my region changed emunand.
SaveDataFiler SHA1 - BE5FBAC4D67C506E97123109BCC03C057F85D9DB

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Check to see if the cias aren't corrupted. (Bad (micro)sd card ?)
I had no trouble installing SDF on my region changed emunand.
SaveDataFiler SHA1 - BE5FBAC4D67C506E97123109BCC03C057F85D9DB

I checked and the legit cia has the right md5sum,the SDF sha1sum is different from yours but I think I have heard there is multiple versions and I have used this one on my regular emunand so I doubt it is corrupt.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
a few minutes ago I just region changed my sysnand (just testing) and I can install savedatafiler with no problems

Abdul Paulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked and the legit cia has the right md5sum,the SDF sha1sum is different from yours but I think I have heard there is multiple versions and I have used this one on my regular emunand so I doubt it is corrupt.
Do a checksum on both the file on your card and the one on your PC and see if they match.

Is your region changed emunand running stable? No problem while renaming folders and other common problems?

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do a checksum on both the file on your card and the one on your PC and see if they match.

Is your region changed emunand running stable? No problem while renaming folders and other common problems?
I found another copy and it installed fine. Must of been corrupted when setting up the different memory card.

Thanks for all the help, I'll have to double check the on card copy of the legit cia if it has the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up