Hacking Can't install Preloader - used 2 different hacked Wiis

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an LU53 and couldn't get Preloader installed, so I returned it and got an LU63 since I have preloader on my other LU63. I get the same error, it's unreadable (screen is small) says something about "IOS 3 somthing bug fix", screen goes back to HBC.

I don't know why I had no problems on my first hack on my first Wii, but now I am unable to do it and am about to give up.

I have IOS16, CIOS249 and CIOS36 installed (it was part of the bath installer hack package I used), could that be a problem? Am I missing something? I also installed IOS60/61 for Wii Shop Channel Update (only after preloader failed) didn't do anything to help preloader.

Since both those systems seem to be newer then my original (since mine came w/ 3.3. fw) I guess it could be a hardware issue, but hoping it's something else? I am guessing that IOS error is looking for something?

The system came w/ 3.4 and I downgraded to 3.2 (haven't tried upgrading to 4.0 yet as I am afraid nothing will work). I guess I could wipe the system clean, bannerbomb and upgrade to 4.0 and start from there...but prefer to stay on 3.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of Pre Loader are you trying to install??
Preloader ver 29 is the newest...I think.

IOS60 and 61 is for System Menu 4.0, "I'm preaty sure" that may hurt a 3.2 system menu?..
Have you installed cIOS rev 10?

Good Luck
and be carefull.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IOS60/61 shouldn't hurt a 3.2 Wii. IOS61 is used to access the Shop channel without updating, and IOS60 isn't needed at all (by the System Menu). So things, that aren't used won't interfere.

@tubebar: The error is really "IOS 3 somthing bug fix"?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
IOS60/61 shouldn't hurt a 3.2 Wii. IOS61 is used to access the Shop channel without updating, and IOS60 isn't needed at all (by the System Menu). So things, that aren't used won't interfere.

@tubebar: The error is really "IOS 3 somthing bug fix"?

His IOS36 is bug fixed.

Preloader uses IOS36, and both his new Wiis came with 3.4 installed, so his IOS36 is too new, and therefore not still bugged. He needs to use IOS downgrader to get the old version of IOS36 installed, and then Preloader will install fine.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tubebar said:
I had an LU53 and couldn't get Preloader installed, so I returned it and got an LU63 since I have preloader on my other LU63. I get the same error, it's unreadable (screen is small) says something about "IOS 3 somthing bug fix", screen goes back to HBC.

I don't know why I had no problems on my first hack on my first Wii, but now I am unable to do it and am about to give up.

I have IOS16, CIOS249 and CIOS36 installed (it was part of the bath installer hack package I used), could that be a problem? Am I missing something? I also installed IOS60/61 for Wii Shop Channel Update (only after preloader failed) didn't do anything to help preloader.

Since both those systems seem to be newer then my original (since mine came w/ 3.3. fw) I guess it could be a hardware issue, but hoping it's something else? I am guessing that IOS error is looking for something?

The system came w/ 3.4 and I downgraded to 3.2 (haven't tried upgrading to 4.0 yet as I am afraid nothing will work). I guess I could wipe the system clean, bannerbomb and upgrade to 4.0 and start from there...but prefer to stay on 3.

Upgrading to 4.0 won't help you either. Your IOS36 is bug fixed, which started with 3.4. You need to run IOS downgrader to obtain the old IOS36, then Preloader will install just fine.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Det1re @ Jun 3 2009, 09:16 PM) That makes sense. So the error could have been "IOS 36 is bug fixed".

Correct.

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to give special thanks afif95 (who found me the downgrader and first suggested it on my other system) and of course imapterodactyl too. That was the problem and it's solved now
smile.gif

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly the problem I'm having, but I'm on a (cBoot2 modded) LU64++ and paranoid that I'll brick somehow if I downgrade any system IOS. Can anybody confirm that I can safely do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8