Hacking Can't install Dr. Mario WAD?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i run the WAD installer it just opens my WAD folder and then says ok and tells me to reset the wii. Is this happening to anyone else or did i get a bad dump?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
When i run the WAD installer it just opens my WAD folder and then says ok and tells me to reset the wii. Is this happening to anyone else or did i get a bad dump?

? Are you using Wad installer or Wad manager? Wad installer requires you to push reset to install games. You just tap the reset button and it will start installing. Then once it installs it will tell you to push reset again and the wii will reset and your new game/channel will be on the wii main menu.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
you may not have the wads in the folder

do not categorize them inside a folder

x:\wad\aasasadd.wad

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
you may not have the wads in the folder

do not categorize them inside a folder

x:\wad\aasasadd.wad
i've installed WADS plenty of times and they all worked and im doing dr. mario the same way and its not working. Maybe it has something to do with the new homebrew channel. Ima do some more experimenting later.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
it has uninstaller integrated into it?

so its technically better than wad installer only?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reads the files off the wad directory on the sd card and lists them out. You select which one you wanna install/uninstall all from one program. You can add/remove as many as you want then go back to the wii menu without having to hard reset the system.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe, why dont you try things for yourself just for a change instead of relying on questions

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying it is worth a shot.
laugh.gif
I've never heard of the error that you're getting so anything you can change is worth a shot.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
hey i have a lot of wads and never did my wii had any kind of updates

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably need to update your firmware to 3.2

I have the exact same problem you do. All my other wads work perfectly, but Dr. Mario & Final Fantasy DO NOT work on my parents' wii. You select the channel, hit start and it just reboots to the wii main menu, right?

Well the only times I can update my wii is when I insert Discs like Super Smash Bros Brawl, which force firmware upgrades.
I can't get online with the wii at my parents' house, so I need to know if there's a way to download firmware upgrade 3.2

Is there?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prince Valmont said:
You probably need to update your firmware to 3.2

I have the exact same problem you do. All my other wads work perfectly, but Dr. Mario & Final Fantasy DO NOT work on my parents' wii. You select the channel, hit start and it just reboots to the wii main menu, right?

Well the only times I can update my wii is when I insert Discs like Super Smash Bros Brawl, which force firmware upgrades.
I can't get online with the wii at my parents' house, so I need to know if there's a way to download firmware upgrade 3.2

Is there?
not exactly. When i try to install the wad the wad installer opens my folder says ok and tells me to reset the wii. It didnt even attempt installing the wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: