Gaming Can't get YSMenu work on R4

imkingka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, newbie here. I just generated a2h's YSMenu and copied _DS_MENU.DAT and TTmenu to my R4. My DS displays "Loading" and doesn't go further. Would you know what I did wrong?

BTW, I can't generate with the 1. Cheats option because the URL it tries to access returns 404 so I have to go with No. I guess that URL doesn't exist any more?

Thanks!

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
fakes don support ys

I have a R4 clone from r4-sdhc.com that can run YS but I prefer TTMenu which works as well.

The question is which card do you have? Is there a web address on it? If so, what is it? Could you post some pics of your card? These are questions to help identify your card.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Then it IS a clone - given away by the fact it is even called R4iii sdhc!

No Genuine R4 is sdhc for a start.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it is a clone some of their firmwares are interchangeable from what I've heard. I wonder if his card can run my firmware from www.r4i-sdhc.com. If this is the case then I can get YSMenu running for him.

P.S. Isn't this in the wrong section?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
As it is a clone some of their firmwares are interchangeable from what I've heard. I wonder if his card can run my firmware from www.r4i-sdhc.com. If this is the case then I can get YSMenu running for him.

P.S. Isn't this in the wrong section?

Nah, this is called "Game Help, Hints and Tips", so it works too. But to get better responses, he should've posted this thread at the R4 Section. There are certain R4s that cannot get YSMenu working on it. You might as well use the firmware that works with your R4. (R4 III - SDHC firmware)

drummy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's okay. I have a genuine R4, and when trying to install YSMenu, it permanently destroyed my MicroSD card (the card was no longer able to read anything and I was also stuck on the "Loading..." screen). I had to buy a new MicroSD card, and I stay away from YSMenu now for fear that it may destroy my second MicroSD card.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drummy said:
It's okay. I have a genuine R4, and when trying to install YSMenu, it permanently destroyed my MicroSD card (the card was no longer able to read anything and I was also stuck on the "Loading..." screen). I had to buy a new MicroSD card, and I stay away from YSMenu now for fear that it may destroy my second MicroSD card.
YSMenu did not and can not do that. YSMenu is perfectly safe and stable. It just requires a modicum of intelligence (or at least the ability to follow instructions) to make it work correctly.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clones will run ysauto...look it up, man
smile.gif
I have one & am running ysauto v0.0.2 through moonshell v1.18 with 1.71 for media
wink.gif
All I have to do is boot into monshell & select the ys.nds file...YS boots up & I can play mario & luigi and COP both unpatched!! I can't find many people who can say that with an R4 clone
smile.gif

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Same Lightyear from the other site? I have it to where I can select either my R4's "official" fimware or YS/TT Menus on the fly.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
drummy said:
Not. Possible.

Seriously, it's not - I think it was just an evil coincidence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I liked the cameo the original cast did