Hacking Can't delete ROM from NOR. Select button takes me to the menu top.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To erase the NOR flash do this:
1) Highlight your current ROM in the root menu (where it says SD Card).
2) Press "Select" and it will give you the option to delete the ROM from the NOR. A Button is Yes, B Button is No
3) Once the ROM is deleted from the NOR, you can write another ROM of your choice to the NOR

sobieslav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the problem is it doesn't do that. When I highlight a ROM and press select it just goes to the top of the menu(highlights the SD card folder) and nothing pops up.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems like you have more than 1 rom in the NOR and you try to delete a rom, that isn't the last. Do you have more than 1 rom in the NOR?

sobieslav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like you have more than 1 rom in the NOR and you try to delete a rom, that isn't the last. Do you have more than 1 rom in the NOR?
Yeah I have more than one... and I tried to delete the first one. I'll try later and post results because I'm charging my batteries right now.

EDIT: Yes it worked! Thanks. Didn't know that was the way to do it.

So a question to that... If I delete a ROM from NOR will my saves for that game still be intact?

sobieslav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. By the way what does the L+R combination do in the main menu? It seemed to start saving but it just kept on saving and saving... so i turned the Gameboy off after about 5 minutes. What the hell does that option do? Couldn't find it in the article on this site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o