Cant access to netflix anymore due system update.. workaround?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Soukai, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    hey guys,
    i cant access to the netflix app anymore. After opening the app, the system is telling me that theres an update, but to get it i need to update the system to 5.5.2e .. is there a workaround? updating through wup installer i suppose? cant find the app anywhere on the net. i guess it isnt allowed to share even free apps here, am i wrong? due to the key thingy in it... Zz, ...
    Thanks in advance

Last edited by Soukai, Jul 29, 2017
  2. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    Run NNUPatcher then open Netflix. The update will then download and afterwards boot you into Netflix.

PokeAcer likes this.
  3. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    If you're on 5.5.1, spoof to 5.5.2
    If you're <5.5.1, update to 5.5.1 and spoof

4. LukeHasAWii

LukeHasAWii But wait, there's more!

Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Iowa
    ^that
    Or you can just try the wii version, whatever.

HugaTheFox likes this.
  5. Soukai
    OP

Soukai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Germany
    my system is spoofed to 99.9.99.9.99.99hjkhjgkg anyway, it couldnt prevend to get that update... blocked it just now through router and dns... couldnt find anything on wii u usb helper, isnt it the same thing nearly? gonna try it tho. thx... urgh, the res would suck on wii :D'

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nnu patcher worked, thx a lot!

Last edited by Soukai, Jul 29, 2017
  6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    "the vast majority of content for streaming on Netflix is not HD content, so there really is no loss for the Wii consumer with the fact they can't get any HD content through our system"
    -- Reggie (2010 NBC Interview)

back on topic, the Wii app works quite well despite it being SD. it used to be that the Wii U app did not support profiles but the Wii one did so I would watch stuff on the gamepad in Wii mode on my profile since the Wii U one could not. SD Netflix picture quality on the gamepad looks the same in Wii mode or using the Wii U app.