Jacko3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hey guys,
I have a twilight hacked Wii 3.2E with home brew channel...

I have downloaded WAD manager 1.5, installed various Wiiware games and run them perfectly.
The problem i have is running VC Games, like Contra III or Double Dragon via WAD (channels).

Every time i try to start the game, the screen would go black and my wii freezes....

Does anyone know what i'm missing? is there an ISO that can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Try using GeckoOS if that happens. Search for Google (http://www.google.com) and type GeckoOS. You may try upgrading your system menu to 4.1.
WTF does gecko os have to do with vc and wiiware? Nothing I'll tell u that! Ok ur problem is you are missing "ios" not iso btw. Probably ios 38,53,55 ones u need. U can get them with either dop ios ( a program that downloads ios and trucha patches them on the wii). Or nus downloader( a pc program that I can download any ios and pack into a wad with wad manager. Also if ur on 4.0 u need a trucha patched ios 60

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
WTF does gecko os have to do with vc and wiiware? Nothing I'll tell u that!
Actually, Gecko does have something to do with wiiware/VCs. While it will not fix this issue, it does have a channel launcher and ocarina tool for channels in the latest version.

However, jab, you are right, he is likely missing those IOSes.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jabmaster2 said:
WTF does gecko os have to do with vc and wiiware?

GeckoOS is not only runs from Wii game disc, but it runs VC (Vitual Console) and WiiWare games, including region free and Ocarina codes, when selecting 'Lauch Channel' while you're on GeckoOS.

(Sorry for my off-topic post)

Jacko3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I have just installed the IOSes you mentioned and the game still doesn't work.... is there anything else that I can do to this this issue?

The games just go into a black screen when i start them up

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Run TitleLister and it will tell you wich IOS(es) you need for those channels, you need to know the ID of the channel in 4 characters...!!
smile.gif

Jacko3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
oh no!!! after installing the IOSes mentioned above... my WAD manager 1.5 no longer works? any advice on how i can fix this???

Posts merged

To ether:

How do i find the ID of the channel in 4 characters?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use AnyTitleDeleter_modV5 it will display the ID in "(XXXX)" and then it will say the name of the entry, and how installing IOSes 38-53-55 make your WadManager broke..??
huh.gif

Jacko3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
What's the difference between cIOS and IOS? Say for example a new game comes out which forces my Wii to update to a new version (but I do not wish for it)... how do I go around it?

Do I just need a new cIOS? Or must i go online and search for the IOSes required for that game? (does Title Lister list games stored on my USB HD)?

Sorry for going off topic =P

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabmaster2 said:
Ok ur problem is you are missing "ios" not iso btw. Probably ios 38,53,55 ones u need. U can get them with either dop ios ( a program that downloads ios and trucha patches them on the wii).

Thank you! This problem (Some WiiWare games working, and others giving a black screen or returning to the system menu) has had me scratching my head for a couple of days now and it's finally solved.

I was going to ask for help but the search has saved me. More people should use search, most information people need is already out there.
wink.gif

Thanks once again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up