Hacking Cannot install *ANY* DLC for vWii WiiWare titles (Japanese Wii U with Aroma and PriiLoader)

koohiisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a Japanese Wii U, which I hacked with Aroma, and then hacked the vWii following the official guide. I installed "YAWM ModMii Edition".

I used to play my Homebrewed USA Wii and I had WiiWare titles I had bought and paid for on the Shop. I bought DLC for those titles.

I am wanting to get those same games on my vWii so I can put away the Wii and just play them on one console (my Wii U).

I have been able to download the WADs for the games, and the WADs for the DLC from a page that seems to be recommended on archive.org. In particular, I am looking to get Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, and Bubble Bobble Plus working with the DLC.

I am able to successfully install the games using YAWM. I then open the game, make a save file, and then head back to YAWM and install the DLC WAD for that game. It does not have an error, it seems to indicate success, and there is now also save data on my system for the DLC.

But, when I launch any of those games the DLC is not there. Either for the Mega Man games it shows "?????" for the stuff which should be unlocked, or for Bubble Bobble Plus the Extra game modes are dimmed out.

I have Priiloader installed, and set to region free so I was able to install the English titles like I had on my English Wii. I also tried the Japanese version of Rockman 9 and its DLC, but that failed just the same.

TLDR: I want to have my USA WiiWare games on my Japanese vWii with DLC. I can install and play the games, but *NO* DLC ever shows up in Mega Man 9/10 and Bubble Bobble Plus.

Ideas?

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
IIRC Priiloader author mentioned the "region free" is not guaranteed to work under system menu, have you tried launching the wad titles under a USB loader like GX?

koohiisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC Priiloader author mentioned the "region free" is not guaranteed to work under system menu, have you tried launching the wad titles under a USB loader like GX?
Just tried USBLoaderGX. I set it to use English for the system language. I tried launching the Mega Man 10 I have installed on NAND with its DLC. It loads the game, but doesn't load the DLC.

Then I used GX to dump NAND to EMUNAND on my SD card, and installed Mega Man 10 alone first, then made the save file, then went back and installed the DLC. Both installs were done via GX. Again, it loads the game, but not the DLC.

My system menu does the exact same as GX, unfortunately. I tried my Bubble Bobble Plus with DLC also from GX, and it loads the game but not the DLC.

Additionally, I tried the EMUNAND install/run with Japanese Mega Man 10 to match the physical system language. Still no go. From System Menu or GX.
Post automatically merged:

BTW, I just tried loading the DLCs and games in Dolphin and it worked fine there. Should I use something other than YAWM to install the WADs on the vWii?

Last edited by koohiisan,

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
vWii wads and Wii wads have some differences, worst scenario is that you install a Wii one it will brick your vWii
So I guess this is similar.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal, the Mega man games have issues with the DLC, even on the original Wii, I was never able to get it to work on emunand, I seem to rememeber it working when installed on sysnand, but I can't recall what I did to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @T3GZdev, Welcome back to GBAtemp.