Cannot Format to WBFS With Previously Working Drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sekhu, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010
  1. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    So I have a seagate that is compatible with the Wii and WBFS manager. I previously formatted the drive to wbfs as a whole, and was able to store and play Wii games off it.

Today I decided that I want to split the drive so I formatted it (after backing up the games) and created two partitions. Partition 1 is in Fat32 and Partition 2 is in NTFS. Both have been formatted.

When I try to format Partition 1 with WBFS manager it gives me an error stating that "An error occurred when attempting to format the drive". And that's it, nothing else. I understand net framework is automatically downloaded if you don't have it, so I'm assuming it's not that. I'm using version 3.0.1 of WBFS Manager.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I have now tried to format parition 2 to wbfs which it says was completed. However, when I click on the drive I can see the contents of the drive (which is empty) and when I click on the fat32 paritition it gives me another error: "An error ocurred reading the folder. Access Denied (5)"

2. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    if your using windows try partition magic, or click start and right click on the computer icon click manage drives or whatever its called, and then click the drives storage and select your drive delete partition, then remake the partition to NTFS or whatever you like, or just use partition magic

3. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    partition it as FAT32, THEN format it to WBFS. Some drives are picky.