Skiletro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm currently having an issue where I cannot connect to the internet in vWii Mode, even though it works perfectly on Wii U Mode.
I've tried both using wireless and wired (using the official Wii LAN Adapter) to no success.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem and how I could fix this issue?
Thank you!

EDIT: I'm unsure why it posted twice, I apologise.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same issue no internet in vWii mode but wii u mode internet works fine. The wii shop channel is dead so i deleted it and that shitty wii menu manual i really hope somebody has a solution.

Reactions: Skiletro

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same issue no internet in vWii mode but wii u mode internet works fine. The wii shop channel is dead so i deleted it and that shitty wii menu manual i really hope somebody has a solution.
How are you two connecting testing the internet. I'll test it on my machine.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get my usb loaders to connect to the internet so i can download missing covers the homebrew channel says network not initilised and all other homebrew wont connect either but wii u mode works perfect.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get my usb loaders to connect to the internet so i can download missing covers the homebrew channel says network not initilised and all other homebrew wont connect either but wii u mode works perfect.
are you using the one by @blackb0x ? it's downloading fine for me.

Skiletro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How are you two connecting testing the internet. I'll test it on my machine.
I'm testing using the Homebrew Channel as well as ocassionally using CTGP. I believe my issues are something to do with my university network requiring you to enter a MAC address (despite me having the correct MAC address set in the control panel)

Skiletro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Done some more tests to no avail really, no matter what I do the Wii U Mode connects fine, yet the vWii doesn't. It even shows it should in settings as it has both the Wii & Wii U logos.
Does the vWii have a seperate MAC address? My internet requires you to input the MAC address of the device in a control panel before it'll successfully connect.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Weird? My only guess as to why this is happening is either they DO somehow have separate MAC addresses, OR it's somehow something with the network's security. (My Wi-Fi uses WPA 3 and my vWii can connect just fine though so I doubt it)
What error code does your vWii throw at you when it can't connect?

Skiletro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh. Weird? My only guess as to why this is happening is either they DO somehow have separate MAC addresses, OR it's somehow something with the network's security. (My Wi-Fi uses WPA 3 and my vWii can connect just fine though so I doubt it)
What error code does your vWii throw at you when it can't connect?
I don't know the specific error code but it's just the classic "cannot connect to the internet" one.

EDIT: Also may I add I'm using ethernet using the LAN Adapter, not WiFi.

Last edited by Skiletro,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the specific error code but it's just the classic "cannot connect to the internet" one.

EDIT: Also may I add I'm using ethernet using the LAN Adapter, not WiFi.
Ah, my bad.
Weird. Why do you even need to add MAC addresses to your router for them to connect?
Also, since you're using the LAN adapter, that DOES have its own MAC address. Check if it'll connect in Wii U mode.

Skiletro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, my bad.
Weird. Why do you even need to add MAC addresses to your router for them to connect?
Also, since you're using the LAN adapter, that DOES have its own MAC address. Check if it'll connect in Wii U mode.

maybe he's using mac filtering, which is a waste of time really.
University network, not much I can really do about it in that regards.
Also both the Wii U wireless MAC address and the LAN Adapter address are added.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
University network, not much I can really do about it in that regards
Yep, figured as much. See if there's a label on the LAN adapter with its address, and ask if they could add that to the network. No label? Check it from the Wii U's settings then, should be listed there.

Skiletro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, figured as much. See if there's a label on the LAN adapter with its address, and ask if they could add that to the network. No label? Check it from the Wii U's settings then, should be listed there.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that both the LAN adapter and the wireless MAC addresses are added so I'm just completely stumped. I even double checked that the address printed on the adapter matches the one detected on the Wii U.

ALSO! The LAN adapter is plugged into one of the ports on the BACK of the console, right? vWii can't use the front ports.
Yep. I've tried both ports on the back to no success.

The adapter works perfectly in Wii U mode, so I have suspicion it's either the vWii being quirky or my network, which doesn't narrow it down much at all aha

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I forgot to mention that both the LAN adapter and the wireless MAC addresses are added so I'm just completely stumped. I even double checked that the address printed on the adapter matches the one detected on the Wii U.

Yep. I've tried both ports on the back to no success.

The adapter works perfectly in Wii U mode, so I have suspicion it's either the vWii being quirky or my network, which doesn't narrow it down much at all aha
That's very, VERY weird.
This may sound stupid but try deleting the connection settings on the Wii U, then adding them back. Maybe your vWii somehow didn't get the memo to use the LAN Adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*