Canada Votes 2011

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for wasting our tax dollars to give a right wing fascist pro war health care killing douche bag another chance at getting a majority guys, us tax payers really appreciate it.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What the hell happened to the NDP? I guess the baby boomers really took that 'old people are poor' thing to heart.

Also: So glad to hear the bloq is gutted.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
A Conservative majority will lead to a whole ton of government policies being radically changed. I'd have been happy with a Conservative minority, but with a majority, I'm having fears of what is to come. We can probably say good-bye to universal healthcare if things get to their worst. Man, the Liberals have gone way down.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I voted for the guy I knew who would best represent my city, not because I agreed with his party leaders ideas. I wish more voters looked at it that way too, why vote out someone who has done many great things for your city and has a positive track record representing it's citizens in government. I voted for Frank Valeriote in the Guelph riding, yes he is a Liberal and no I didn't agree with all of Iggy's ideals, but I don't like Jack Layton's desires to some how mysteriously pull 70 billion dollars out of nowhere every year for all the things he wanted, and I sure as hell don't believe in anything Harper has said or done. His parties arrogance and just generally scum bag ethics were distasteful and gave me no reason to believe him. Voting to me has everything to do with the ethics, ideas and characteristics of the person you think should be a member of parliament, it's not a popularity contest and people will get butt hurt if in a few years we are back at square one and having an election. Jack Layton gave the people of Quebec a reason to believe that there were better choices and he reaped the rewards heavily, taking most of the ridings in the province. People believe in his ideas and he seems like the kind of guy who cares about the average Canadian, not the rich Canadian like the Conservatives or the poor Canadian living on the poverty line, just average Joe's who work hard and aren't getting enough from their government. The Bloc lost their official party status which is the first step towards having an election referendum in Canada.

I hope Justin Trudeau runs for the Liberal leadership though, the guy is charismatic and like-able, Igantieff didn't have many of the qualities that make a great leader and he cost his party a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-