Homebrew Can you still load games from an SD card after resetting Wii U to factory settings?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a used Wii U but the previous owner left all their data on the console.

I'm going to reset it to factory settings but I get a prompt that says "Data (such as software or save data) saved to USB storage media or SD Cards will no longer be usable."

I want to load some games from my own SD card after I factory reset but this prompt has me worried.

Will I still be and to load games and Mocha from an SD card after deleting all data?

Please tell me I'm just being paranoid.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a used Wii U but the previous owner left all their data on the console.

I'm going to reset it to factory settings but I get a prompt that says "Data (such as software or save data) saved to USB storage media or SD Cards will no longer be usable."

I want to load some games from my own SD card after I factory reset but this prompt has me worried.

Will I still be and to load games and Mocha from an SD card after deleting all data?

Proper Wii U titles can not be installed to and loaded from an SD card to begin with, those games can only be run either directly on the Wii U NAND or an attached USB hard drive. Now if you mean homebrew and roms and all that, that shouldn't be an issue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any games you've installed with a WUP installer will become unplayable if you format the system. If you're using Loadiine to load games (I don't know why you would be doing this), they will still work after formatting the system.

Make sure you don't have CBHC installed if you are going to format the system. If you format the system with CBHC installed, you will brick the system.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.