Homebrew Can you replace a file from the Health & Safety Information app?

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im using a european Wii U without (coldboot)haxchi and want to replace safe.rpx from the Health & Safety Information app with appstore.rpx (the newer version of the homebrew appstore, and Im going to rename it safe.rpx). If you want the file on the WiiU:
storage_mlc/sys/title/1004e200/code/safe.rpx

Is it possible?

Edit: Guys forget this thread I was just interested if you could replace files 4 homebrew and launch normal apps but I figured out that even when you replace the whole code, content and meta folder the wii u simply restores the original files.

Last edited by Exists,
D

Deleted User

I imagine that would work, however this will break the signture on the Health and Safety app, meaning you will need to use a CFW (run Mocha or install Haxchi) in order to launch the modified app.

One of the potential concerns I'm thinking of at the moment is that I'm not sure how well HBAS (which is based on SDL) handles the console's process switching system (press HOME to open the HOME Menu and return to the Wii U Menu or load a secondary app like the Internet Browser) as it has only really been tested under the Homebrew Launcher, which does not use this process switching system. I'm also not sure how well HBAS will react to having to return to the Wii U Menu instead of the Hombrew Launcher on exit. TL;DR - Once you launch HBAS, you may or may not be able to get out of it. Try it and see what happens, I guess. :D

(Also make a backup of the original safe.rpx so that you can restore the title afterwards should things go wrong!)

Reactions: brickmaker

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if I replace safe.rpx and things go wrong I can simply restore the original file AND have signature back?

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I imagine that would work, however this will break the signture on the Health and Safety app, meaning you will need to use a CFW (run Mocha or install Haxchi) in order to launch the modified app.

One of the potential concerns I'm thinking of at the moment is that I'm not sure how well HBAS (which is based on SDL) handles the console's process switching system (press HOME to open the HOME Menu and return to the Wii U Menu or load a secondary app like the Internet Browser) as it has only really been tested under the Homebrew Launcher, which does not use this process switching system. I'm also not sure how well HBAS will react to having to return to the Wii U Menu instead of the Hombrew Launcher on exit. TL;DR - Once you launch HBAS, you may or may not be able to get out of it. Try it and see what happens, I guess. :D

(Also make a backup of the original safe.rpx so that you can restore the title afterwards should things go wrong!)

K I did it and it changed NOTHING!

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
May I ask whar the code folder even is? XDD Or the safe.epx file. In the code folder of Amiibo Touch n play there is Family.rpx. I replaced it and guess what didnt change anything

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you are changing the correct title ID...
Can you make a search for that ID on the FTP client you are using?

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you are changing the correct title ID...
So I should search for its title ID which I
So its title id is still the same (00050010-1004E200) If I understood right I should search for 000500101004E200?

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Sear for:

00050010-1004E200
000500101004E200
1004E200
or
*1004E200

Try to find another directory where it is installed.
Also, when you copy the file safe.rpx:
Do not delete and paste. Instead move ans replace.
I had issues because of that in the past. Files are not found...
Then reboot console before launch Health&Safety.

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sear for:

00050010-1004E200
000500101004E200
1004E200
or
*1004E200

Try to find another directory where it is installed.

K Im searching for 1004e200 not 1004E200 cuz in the files of the wii u it says 1004e200. And I always replaced files, not deleted them and pasted them. Gonna send a message when its ready.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
you're right, they use lower case!
I suspect that directory you were testing could not be the default location... maybe a mirror or a backup...

Exists

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you rebooted after changing that file?
I always reboot if I replace something. I exit ftpii u everywhere and it loads the homebrew launcher and then I reboot or I reboot without exiting ftpiiu everywhere and before I reboot I always disconnect from my wii u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill