Hacking Can you load all of your virtual consol/wiiware games straight form SD

dippindivin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously the wii system memory isnt much, considering the amount of cool shit we can download on here. My question is this:

Can I dump all of my WAD's for vitirual consols games as well as wiiware games on my SD Card and NOT have them be installed to the system memory Just have them forwarded from the channels section?

Also, as a side question:

Can you do this from your PC, just arrage a file struction and drop them all in there. To avoid having to install every WAD to system memory, then moving them to the SD channel in the system menu?

What do you guys think?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can only install VC/WW one by one and then move them to SD. When you move them, only the ticket remains on the wii and these take virtually no space.

However, every time you want to boot a game (using the SD card menu on 4.x) it will actually temorary copy it back to the wii.

Wait for cIOSr14 if you want to load it of the SD (or USB) for real.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a batch wad installer out there, just search for it. It will install all the wads in your WAD folder.

But you will have to move them to your SD 1 by 1. It did 53 of them and it didn't take very long yo move em.

Loading them from the SD card is only a quick load, it's much quicker than it took to transfer it to the SD card. So it's not really a big deal.

dippindivin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kakkoii said:
There's a batch wad installer out there, just search for it. It will install all the wads in your WAD folder.

But you will have to move them to your SD 1 by 1. It did 53 of them and it didn't take very long yo move em.

Loading them from the SD card is only a quick load, it's much quicker than it took to transfer it to the SD card. So it's not really a big deal.

Well, actually what happend to me was...

I installed about 10 virtual consol and wii ware games from my SD. These are pretty big (50mb) for some. It filled up my wii's system memory before I could fisnish and then it would no longer let me boot into the wii system menu. I couldnt delete the channels and I couldnt delete the save games to improve block space.

My resolution was to use t he banner bomb jack to load wad manager 1.4 to uninstall the WAD's i installed earlier. This was the only way to get any of the block space back on the wii.

So I would pretty scared to run a WAD batch installer because it would fill up my system wii memory in no time and get me back in that loop.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dippindivin said:
Kakkoii said:

Well, actually what happend to me was...

I installed about 10 virtual consol and wii ware games from my SD. These are pretty big (50mb) for some. It filled up my wii's system memory before I could fisnish and then it would no longer let me boot into the wii system menu. I couldnt delete the channels and I couldnt delete the save games to improve block space.

My resolution was to use t he banner bomb jack to load wad manager 1.4 to uninstall the WAD's i installed earlier. This was the only way to get any of the block space back on the wii.

So I would pretty scared to run a WAD batch installer because it would fill up my system wii memory in no time and get me back in that loop.

Yeah of course. I had to split the wads into 3 groups and do each group. Just do the smallest ones first. And then do the bigger ones more carefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk