Hacking ????Can you Install Homebrew Launcher To your wii u homescreen

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was possible, but I am not getting an error prompt, nor is this installing.

My set-up. Haxchi on homescreen with a default config to boot Homebrew launcher. When Homebrew launcher loads up, I scroll over and select WUP installer, select the "install" folder that was generated when I extracted Homebrew Launcher and click Install, and say to install to NAND. No error, no completion, my WUP installer just freezes at this point. Am I missing a step or using a bad install file? The file I am using is from here - https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought this was possible, but I am not getting an error prompt, nor is this installing.

My set-up. Haxchi on homescreen with a default config to boot Homebrew launcher. When Homebrew launcher loads up, I scroll over and select WUP installer, select the "install" folder that was generated when I extracted Homebrew Launcher and click Install, and say to install to NAND. No error, no completion, my WUP installer just freezes at this point. Am I missing a step or using a bad install file? The file I am using is from here - https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases

You need to be in CFW:

1. Launch Haxchi and go back to sysnand. I don't know your config file, but it should do it by holding "b" (check your config.txt file on haxchi folder) after you start Haxchi.
2. Launch Haxchi again and go to Homebrew Laucher.
3. Install HBL with WUP Installer.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikeTheKnight2016 Follow the instructions above to install the Homebrew Launcher to the home menu. Keep in mind that you will not be able to launch the Homebrew Launcher application from the home menu unless you're already running CFW.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said, you have HaxChi set up as a launcher for HBL. You should he using it to launch CFW instead. Change your SD:\HaxChi\config.txt file to look like this:

a=(whatever you want)
b=default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=sysmenu

Now reinstall HaxChi.

After that when you tap HaxChi it will dump you back to your Wii U system menu but you will now be in CFW. Tap HaxChi again this time holding b. You'll now be in HBL in CFW mode and you can install channels with WUP Installer

However, any channel that you install will not work unless you first tap HaxChi to get into CFW mode. Or... Just make things super easy and install CBHC

Last edited by Kafluke,
D

Deleted User

I usually don't recommend CBHC because of its brick risks. Just run Haxchi each time you need to use CFW.

However, it's your choice to make.
You only brick if you're a Joel and refuse to follow instructions correctly

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following @Kafluke suggestion above where to point my Haxchi set-up to this:
a=(whatever you want)
default=sysmenu

Setting default to be sysmenu would then mean I am in CFW - and can install HBL to my home screen from WUP installer, correcT?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following @Kafluke suggestion above where to point my Haxchi set-up to this:
a=(whatever you want)
default=sysmenu

Setting default to be sysmenu would then mean I am in CFW - and can install HBL to my home screen from WUP installer, correcT?
Yes correct. Then you'll have to get back into HBL after launching HaxChi once to get into CFW. But this time hold b to boot to HBL.

And honestly, CBHC has as much brisk risk as any other hack I've ever used on any console. Just don't format your Wii U without first removing it.

I have found that most scaremongers of CBHC aren't users themselves.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes correct. Then you'll have to get back into HBL after launching HaxChi once to get into CFW. But this time hold b to boot to HBL.

And honestly, CBHC has as much brisk risk as any other hack I've ever used on any console. Just don't format your Wii U without first removing it.

I have found that most scaremongers of CBHC aren't users themselves.

I believe I read in order for Haxchi config changes to take effect you must re-install Haxchi. What is the process of re-installing Haxchi, do I simply alter the config to what I want, then open HBL and run the Haxchi installer again?

D

Deleted User

I believe I read in order for Haxchi config changes to take effect you must re-install Haxchi. What is the process of re-installing Haxchi, do I simply alter the config to what I want, then open HBL and run the Haxchi installer again?
Yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o