Can you help a noob choose a gaming PC ?

yoyoloto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I have some knowledge about what I need from a gaming PC, but I don't know how to get the PC that I want.

All I see on the retail store websites is a bunch of non-optimized laptops that have features that don't even help with gaming and just drive the price up.

How do you guys choose your PC ?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You build it. Part by part. Pre-built gaming computers are overpriced and not as good in comparison to you purchasing the parts yourself. It's not really all too hard to build your own computer. Unless you're talking about a gaming laptop. At which point you'll have to purchase from specific stores, or most likely online. No ordinary retail store such as Walmart or Target is going to have anything remotely close to a gaming laptop or desktop computer.

Last edited by MSearles,

yoyoloto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You build it. Part by part. Pre-built gaming computers are overpriced and not as good in comparison to you purchasing the parts yourself. It's not really all too hard to build your own computer. Unless you're talking about a gaming laptop. At which point you'll have to purchase from specific stores, or most likely online. No ordinary retail store such as Walmart or Target is going to have anything remotely close to a gaming laptop or desktop computer.

Yes I want a laptop, can I do that myself ?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A few questions:

-do you REALLY want a laptop? The prospect of gaming on the go might seem appealing, but I've never seen anyone truly play AAA-titles on the train. So unless you plan on visiting LAN's a lot or have more than one location where you truly want to spend gaming sessions of more than an hour, I'd reconsider. Prices of gaming laptops are far more expensive and less upgrade-able than their desktop counterparts.
-which games will you want to play? 1000 bucks may be right for rigs that can play the latest games on highest resolution (EDIT: they don't...see a couple posts below), but I can easily play my kind of games (mostly indie titles) on cheap lappies of around 300 bucks (EDIT 2: ...but not much more than that).

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No. Purchase an Asus Rog or the Razer Blade for the best. Expect to spend around $1000

The Razer blade is the Macbook of gaming laptops. It's way too pricey for a few features you'll stop using after a while.

As for OP. Check out Sager and Origin PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Get a custom laptop then.
xotic pc or ibuypower have some good stuff, check it out.

Be careful with these brands. Their customer service has more negative reviews than positive.

A few questions:

-do you REALLY want a laptop? The prospect of gaming on the go might seem appealing, but I've never seen anyone truly play AAA-titles on the train. So unless you plan on visiting LAN's a lot or have more than one location where you truly want to spend gaming sessions of more than an hour, I'd reconsider. Prices of gaming laptops are far more expensive and less upgrade-able than their desktop counterparts.
-which games will you want to play? 1000 bucks may be right for rigs that can play the latest games on highest resolution, but I can easily play my kind of games (mostly indie titles) on cheap lappies of around 300 bucks.

Those cheap "lappies" are only good for indie titles and significantly older games. Even a Lenovo Y series laptop (under $1000 is pretty good)

Also, no, $1000 will not play the newest games at the highest res. I know I'm sounding rude, and I'm sorry. I just got off work.

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz