Hacking Can you disable Diablo 3 system update nag?

royvedas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you disable Diablo 3 system update nag? I am running SXOS with firmware 5.0.1.
When I start Diablo 3 a box comes up telling me that I should update the system firmware to proceed. I then get the option to start the game or update.
I can apparently start it with no issues, but I am very worried that I at one point accidentially will press update.

I have tried looking for a solution. I found an old video showing that I could clear my internet settings, power off, power on, start the game and then it would be fine. I did try this, but apparently it does not work.

Can anyone help me?

royvedas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But isn't Stealth mode preventing the game from connecting to the internet? My backup NSP probably has the update inside it, meaning that the update files are installed with the game - meaning that it does not have to sniff the internet? I don't know if it is so, but that's my wild thoughts. Do you get me?

royvedas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But isn't Stealth mode preventing the game from connecting to the internet? My backup NSP probably has the update inside it, meaning that the update files are installed with the game - meaning that it does not have to sniff the internet? I don't know if it is so, but that's my wild thoughts. Do you get me?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the double post btw.

I have now tried your suggestion and it doesn't seem to work. Isn't there a way to spoof firmware or to make the game think it requires a lower firmware?

I have now tried your suggestion and it doesn't seem to work. Isn't there a way to spoof firmware or to make the game think it requires a lower firmware?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which firmware are you on?
Try installing it either with n1dus or with the "old" (original) tinfoil and chose the option "ignore firmware" while installing it.

royvedas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am on firmware 5.0.1 and I believe I did try to install it with "ignore firmware". I really don't know what it does? Does it remove the firmware or does it check firmware on switch and then game and just install it anyway, with a warning coming otherwise?

I have to use a recent tinfoil, because I use USB installation.

You can't just find the file in the game directory and delete it somehow?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes but going online in CFW is going to get you banned anyway and you don't need internet for LAN play.

royvedas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, that's nice. I don't really know what banning would realistically mean. Since I use cfw, emulators and backups I really have no problems with not being able to play online. I still don't know how to, or if it is possible to get rid of the nag without upgrading. Can it be done?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1