Can you disable Diablo 3 system update nag?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by royvedas, Nov 9, 2018.

1. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    Can you disable Diablo 3 system update nag? I am running SXOS with firmware 5.0.1.
    When I start Diablo 3 a box comes up telling me that I should update the system firmware to proceed. I then get the option to start the game or update.
    I can apparently start it with no issues, but I am very worried that I at one point accidentially will press update.

I have tried looking for a solution. I found an old video showing that I could clear my internet settings, power off, power on, start the game and then it would be fine. I did try this, but apparently it does not work.

Can anyone help me?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Boot to recovery/maintenence mode (vol up + down) and the reboot back and never leave airplane mode.

3. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    Thanks - I will try that, but then I cannot play local switch vs switch? That was actually my plan.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Stealth mode should prevent that nag from appearing again.

5. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    But isn't Stealth mode preventing the game from connecting to the internet? My backup NSP probably has the update inside it, meaning that the update files are installed with the game - meaning that it does not have to sniff the internet? I don't know if it is so, but that's my wild thoughts. Do you get me?

6. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    But isn't Stealth mode preventing the game from connecting to the internet? My backup NSP probably has the update inside it, meaning that the update files are installed with the game - meaning that it does not have to sniff the internet? I don't know if it is so, but that's my wild thoughts. Do you get me?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry for the double post btw.

I have now tried your suggestion and it doesn't seem to work. Isn't there a way to spoof firmware or to make the game think it requires a lower firmware?

I have now tried your suggestion and it doesn't seem to work. Isn't there a way to spoof firmware or to make the game think it requires a lower firmware?

7. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Which firmware are you on?
    Try installing it either with n1dus or with the "old" (original) tinfoil and chose the option "ignore firmware" while installing it.

8. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    I am on firmware 5.0.1 and I believe I did try to install it with "ignore firmware". I really don't know what it does? Does it remove the firmware or does it check firmware on switch and then game and just install it anyway, with a warning coming otherwise?

I have to use a recent tinfoil, because I use USB installation.

You can't just find the file in the game directory and delete it somehow?

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes but going online in CFW is going to get you banned anyway and you don't need internet for LAN play.

10. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    Alright, that's nice. I don't really know what banning would realistically mean. Since I use cfw, emulators and backups I really have no problems with not being able to play online. I still don't know how to, or if it is possible to get rid of the nag without upgrading. Can it be done?

11. S3phi40T

S3phi40T GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2016
    Poland
    @royvedas If you are not afraid of ban, you can create emunand with SX OS
    Use emunand + update it to the latest firmware?

12. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    Alright. I will have to look into that. Thanks.

13. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Emunand fucks your switch for no reason. Don't use it.

14. royvedas
    OP

royvedas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    I updated the firmware through that frenchsounding application and everything seems to work fine. Thanks for all the inputs. :-)

stephrk398 likes this.