XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Given I did it manually already, I'm not going to bother with svn or tortoisesvn to apply the patch (but still it's great to know about! Thx for sharing Cyan!), but I'm assuming the manual changes that I made here (see linked below) were copied and pasted properly. If someone is able to confirm that would be great!

I'm just trying to maintain the d2x github since I'm the only active person with rights, and I recently pushed a new release with the compiled binary, I thought I may as well update the code too

Here's the change
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/compare/master@{1day}...master

And here's the new ff.c file after my attempt at manually applying the patches
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/blob/master/source/fat-module/ff.c

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given I did it manually already, I'm not going to bother with svn or tortoisesvn to apply the patch (but still it's great to know about! Thx for sharing Cyan!), but I'm assuming the manual changes that I made here (see linked below) were copied and pasted properly. If someone is able to confirm that would be great!

I'm just trying to maintain the d2x github since I'm the only active person with rights, and I recently pushed a new release with the compiled binary, I thought I may as well update the code too

Here's the change
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/compare/master@{1day}...master

And here's the new ff.c file after my attempt at manually applying the patches
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/blob/master/source/fat-module/ff.c
I could see if it comes out the same. I'm assuming I use svn-merge, but I need the original ff.c.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a "not working copy" error, and everything appears to be correct. I'm using the fat-module folder as the source, so I have no idea what's wrong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work. can't just download the zip from github, you have to svn checkout. not sure if you're using the same version as the one I did, but there are differences. it looks like something is offshifted in either yours or mine. here's mine if maybe you could see what's going on between the two. I just looked at the first changes, and they seem to be identical:

Attachments

• ff.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 30

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that I was aware of, but I didn't think about needing an old version of devkitpro.
That was more an explanation for Xflak, to know what to do with the patch and patched sources files once done.

you can have different version of "devkit ARM" and "devkit PPC" at the same time with a little install trick with environmental variables set in windows.
But I don't know if old devkitpro can live with new "pacman" version of devkitpro.
That's partly why I don't develop anymore, no idea if they can cohabit or not, and like you said some old project needs old chain tool.

IOS compilation never been updated to work on newer version of devkit, so a specific devkit_ARM version was needed for cIOS and Neek old sources.

If someone is able to confirm that would be great!
Humm, I'm not sure it's correct, unless you changed other thing, or the "original" sources on git was different than the "original" one in the patch file.
Seeing the "type" contains "32", the sources probably have been updated to compile on newer version of Devkit, or just to be more easier to understand that it's a 32bit variable for the current and next dev looking at the sources.

because of that, you seem to have now a duplicated line commands, one with "32" and one without :

if ((LD_DWORD(&fs->win[BS_FilSysType]) & 0xFFFFFF) == 0x544146) /* Check "FAT" string */
return 0;
if ((LD_DWORD(&fs->win[BS_FilSysType32]) & 0xFFFFFF) == 0x544146)
return 0;

You probably want to keep the one with "32" which seems to have been updated more recently.
and remove the first 2 lines to keep only

if ((LD_DWORD(&fs->win[BS_FilSysType32]) & 0xFFFFFF) == 0x544146) /* Check "FAT" string */
return 0;

Last edited by Cyan,
  • Love
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having compiled about 10 things for various systems, I can say it is quite frustrating at times, especially when you get an error you have no idea how to fix. am I missing a dependency or is the project just too old and has to be updated to work with the newest tools? it's a juggling act that always gives me a headache. :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak , I think tortoise did download all old versions from github, which I was guess which one you used. the ones in red are the ones I modified, not sure why they're in red unless that means they differ from github:

1645129658730.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak , I think you made a mistake if I'm reading this right. here's yours, then mine. I think you added a line space/break when you shouldn't have. I patched it using tortoise svn, so I didn't do it manually myself:

1645130191139.png

1645130216238.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's using the latest, I found the differences. they're all spaces in yours which mine doesn't have it's a 20 in hex space that by deleting it, it comes out identical to mine. there's about 10 of them:

Attachments

• ff.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 24

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasn't sure, then if not, all is good. the code is identical to the patched one I made. blank lines were all that was different.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What about what Cyan said above? Sounds like he was saying there is a bit of an error, but that's not what fledge and Godreborn are saying...
I got 2 credible sources telling me different things... I mean it isn't a big deal or urgent or anything, but yeah, just curious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-