Patching WBFS files with Delta Patcher

Phantomesque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I need to use wiiscrubber on the file but it doesn't seem to want to be patched with the xdelta file when I try to put it through Delta Patcher. All I keep getting is "An error occured, xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". Anything I can do to remedy the problem?

Phantomesque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use the exact same file as the author. Cannot be a different version, region, or format of the game. If they used a EUR v1.01 .iso, you must too.
Oh I see, they did use an iso. Thanks for the tip mate 👌
Post automatically merged:

Well I've tried using the iso name they have listed when I changed to wbfs to the iso and used the patch name when that didn't work, but both times I got an error. Is there a good utility I can use to see all the details on the wbfs/iso?

Last edited by Phantomesque,

Phantomesque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I didn't know how to use WiiScrubber, and it seemed complicated by the instructions I read so I went with Dolphin instead. Using the convert file option to change it to WIA, RVZ, and GCZ then back again, I removed the junk data but even THEN that didn't work with the DeltaPatcher, so right now I'm at a loss on how to get this thing working right. I've even scrubbed the wbfs with Wii Backup Manager to no avail with the patch. Maybe someone could point me to some simpler instructions or a good video, I would be greatful, because the Google document that comes with the xdelta file hasn't really given me much to go on. If anyone is wondering, I'm trying to use this hack: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6156/
Post automatically merged:

Also I meant to ask but I forgot to, does the iso have to be the same name as the patch as well?

Last edited by Phantomesque,

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you change the WBFS format to ISO the CRC will break and therefore gives an error. You must get a 1:1 ISO that matches the CRC needed to apply that patch. Search on google the redump romset, I can't help you whit that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1