Can we use the Gamecube Adapter with vWii's emulators and Wii backups?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Jazzist, May 13, 2015.

1. Jazzist
    OP

Jazzist GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2013
    Title.

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    No. Not now, not ever. Nobody cares about supporting it, it seems, when Wii U mode homebrew is just around the corner. Wii homebrew in general is meh.

the_randomizer and Margen67 like this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Only Nintendont works with it AFAIK. There are GC to Classic Controller adapters if you really want to use a GC controller with other games, but the button layout often doesn't work very well for games that aren't designed for it.
    This adapter offers different button mappings as a workaround: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gcn64_to_wiimote/index.php

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Jazzist
    OP

Jazzist GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2013
    The problem is having to use 4 Wii Remotes and supply batteries for them. Guess I'm stuck to swapping the SD between the Wii and Wii U then. lol

5. beeswax

beeswax Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    I've been waiting for this too but sadly it sounds like it isn't going to happen. I have to keep my old Wii around still in order to play Mario Kart 64 with 4x Wavebirds as that's not currently possible on Wii U :(

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Invest in some Sanyo Eneloop batteries they are great. Hold 80% of their charge after 6 months.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I can vouch for that. I have a shitload of them and they're pretty great.

TotalInsanity4 and thorasgar like this.
  8. Jazzist
    OP

Jazzist GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2013
    You guys mean these? http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-3MCCA8BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSN5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431550805&sr=8-1&keywords=Sanyo Eneloop batteries

Do they come with a charger? Skimmed through it and didn't seem to.

9. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Those are the ones. Panasonic must have bought the brand from Sanyo at some point. They come on all different size packs and I think there are different versions now. Some other brands use the same technology, sometimes they are called "hybrid".

I bought the LeCross charger years ago and it is awesome. A write up on these batteries said after 20 cycles it is best to recondition them and the LeCross can do that by fully charging and then draining them three times, but it takes a couple of days. I actually labeled them with a marker and created a spreadsheet to track their cycles but moved and lost it. Still great batteries and well worth the extra expense especially for things like remotes and toys that may not be used frequently. Regular rechargeable a loose their power to fast.

Here is a link to the LeCross charger
    http://www.amazon.com/La-Crosse-Tec..._sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=194QX1X983CMCGA7C7SA

10. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    dekuleon is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    where the wind makes the curve
    I think this is the only reason keeping me from selling my Wii. Classic controller is bad compared to using GameCube controllers, specially WaveBirds!!

What about backups? Maybe you'll be the first to support this? :)
    It would be a dream if Nintendo or some high skilled developer could add support for Wii VC games and Wii titles to use the USB GameCube adapter as GC Controllers work on compatible Wiis.