Gaming Can we expect any big titles anymore for the DS?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Pingouin7 said:
machomuu said:
AlanJohn said:
Pokemon Grey.
I suspect that that will be for the 3DS.
Tsunekazu has said they planned on continuing support of the DS.
So the next games (main series or not) should be regular DS games with DSi enhancements, and maybe 3DS enhancements.
That doesn't mean the next games will be DS games, it just means there will be some.

D

Deleted-236924

Ikki said:
Pingouin7 said:
machomuu said:
AlanJohn said:
Pokemon Grey.
So the next games (main series or not) should be regular DS games with DSi enhancements, and maybe 3DS enhancements.
That doesn't mean the next games will be DS games, it just means there will be some.
I can almost guarantee the next main series games are going to be on the regular DS.
They would probably profit more from making it on the DS, since not that much people have a 3DS right now.

Plus, Ruby/Sapphire were released about two years after the GBA.
Diamond/Pearl were released about three years after the DS (They even made Emerald a year after the DS was released.)
I doubt a main series will be coming until a while on the 3DS.
(And just saying they want to continuing the support for the DS screams "next main games on the DS")
Right now, not that many people have a 3DS compared to those who have a DS. That probably will change, though.
If they make the next games available for regular DS, the userbase would be larger, thus earning more money.
I doubt that many people would be ready to buy a 3DS just for a Pokémon game.

In any case, I feel like they would release a R/S remake on the DS and keep the 6th gen for 3DS.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tonitonichopchop said:
Kirby Mass Attack
Devil Survivor 2
Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Hopefully)

Good enough?

Gyakuten Kenji 2..
sad.gif

I hate Capcom for not localizing this..

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Ikki said:
Pingouin7 said:
machomuu said:
AlanJohn said:
Pokemon Grey.
I can almost guarantee the next main series games are going to be on the regular DS.
They would probably profit more from making it on the DS, since not that much people have a 3DS right now.

Diamond/Pearl were released about three years after the DS (They even made Emerald a year after the DS was released.)
(And just saying they want to continuing the support for the DS screams "next main games on the DS")
Right now, not that many people have a 3DS compared to those who have a DS. That probably will change, though.
If they make the next games available for regular DS, the userbase would be larger, thus earning more money.

In any case, I feel like they would release a R/S remake on the DS and keep the 6th gen for 3DS.
Wouldn't you think they'd want to promote the 3DS? People would definitely buy the 3DS specifically for that, it would definitely boost sales.

Lusankya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ron975 said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Kirby Mass Attack
Devil Survivor 2
Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Hopefully)

Good enough?

Gyakuten Kenji 2..
sad.gif

I hate Capcom for not localizing this..
Well, the fan translation project makes good progress.
yaynds.gif

It really looks promising that they will finish this.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, I'd expect that the DS has seen most of it's last titles.

Aside from Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, Solatorobo: Red the Hunter, Aliens: Infestation, Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns, Kirby Mass Attack, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (DSiware), all of which have already been mentioned by an earlier poster (Personally I wouldn't count the LOZ:4S title, as it's DSiWare, and being a rereleased game, I don't consider them to be part of the selection, but thats just me), I highly doubt we'll see any more huge titles.

Of course, Gamefreak could totally troll us and make Pokemon Grey compatible with the DSLite, but I'm betting on it being DSi and above only. Provided we do get a Grey Version (For all we know it could be called Monochrome)

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am expecting to Play these Games:

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
Power Rangers Samurai
Penguins of Madagascar 2
Harvest Moon:The Tale of Two Towns
Beyblade Metal Masters
Beyblade Susanow Black
Super Fossil Fighters

D

Deleted-236924

machomuu said:
Pingouin7 said:
Ikki said:
Pingouin7 said:
machomuu said:
AlanJohn said:
Pokemon Grey.

Wouldn't you think they'd want to promote the 3DS? People would definitely buy the 3DS specifically for that, it would definitely boost sales.
They could.
But they would probably want the game to get a lot of sales early on, just like how Black/White got 1.5m sales before it was even released.
Unless they're 100% sure people will be willing to buy a 3DS just for that one game, they probably wouldn't do it.

QUOTE(Nimbus @ Aug 2 2011, 01:29 PM)
Of course, Gamefreak could totally troll us and make Pokemon Grey compatible with the DSLite, but I'm betting on it being DSi and above only. Provided we do get a Grey Version (For all we know it could be called Monochrome)
They specifically said they would continue supporting the DS.
True, that doesn't mean every game from now on is going to be compatible with the DS.
But Grey will be the next game to come out (I can't see them releasing a R/S remake before Grey, honestly.)

Plus, a DSi-only game? Really?
There are what, 3 DSi-only games?
If they were to make the next games incompatible with the DS, they would be 3DS games.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
True, that doesn't mean every game from now on is going to be compatible with the DS.
But Grey will be the next game to come out (I can't see them releasing a R/S remake before Grey, honestly.)

I wouldn't completely bet that they'd release Grey before a R/S remake. Emerald was released after FireRed and LeafGreen.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anne Noise said:
Um, Camping Mama, 9/13, duh.

Lolling hard :')

And lolwut, there's loads of fairly big games that have been announced already, like the ones a lot of people have already mentioned :S In fact, I'm not gonna have time to play all of them ffjkrtfknt...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a failing of mine, but RPG's and cutesy games don't impress me. Other than that Aliens game, I really don't see much worth bothering with on my end. And while Aliens looks like something I'll at least play, the graphics don't look all that special and I figure I'll be ultimately disappointed with it.

I'm just hoping there will still be a few surprise games coming that someone like me would enjoy. You know, games that didn't get a lot of hype or coverage, but might actually be worthy of playing. I don't really expect that to happen, but I can hope.

It really bums me out that we never got a 2D Metroid or F-Zero or Punch-Out for the DS, that we didn't get any arcade fighting games, other than UMK, that we didn't get more Gradius-like shmups, that we didn't get more 3D space shooters like the old Wing Commanders or Descent Freespaces, that there would have been at least one game that would have been as awesome as the old Turrican games were. Those were the sort of games I envisioned playing when I first bought a DS. Oh, I knew there would be all those trademark Nintendo flower-and-bunny cutesy games to sift through, but I thought the balance of cutesy to cool would have been more even.

It makes me sad that there has been so much pure shovelware saturating the DS library. If it wasn't for flashcarts and homebrew, I would have tossed the DS in the trash or sold it off long ago. Don't get me wrong, there HAVE been some decent games over the years, but they haven't been nearly as abundant as I expected. Many of the types of games and genres that I enjoyed in my youth aren't the kinds of games that sell now, so they aren't really made that much anymore.

I'm glad some of you can find at least 5 games to look forward to, I really am. I only have that one, and it's not really got me all that anxious, just sort of mildly interested. I just hope that maybe some of the lesser known releases that may still come will be decent. And I've still got homebrew to hope for.

It's one of the bad things about getting older, you become a lot harder to please. When you've played as many games as I have, it's hard to find something interesting and original to get into that doesn't just seem like a re-hash of something you played years ago.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TornZero said:
Pingouin7 said:

I wouldn't completely bet that they'd release Grey before a R/S remake. Emerald was released after FireRed and LeafGreen.

Well, if you put it this way, and they do end up supporting the DS for longer.

I hope that 3rd Gen remakes are made for the DS, I could care less about Grey being compatible with the DSi in this case.

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil Survivor 2 and the translation of Miles Edgeworth 2 are all I'm still waiting for, anyways if Nintendo wants to boost sales they are going to release a pumped up version of Pokemon Grey for the 3DS. Of course it should be compatible somehow with B/W and maybe D/P/P (at least in pokemon transferal)

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Kirby Mass Attack
Professor Layton and The Last Specter
Miles Edgeworth Investigation 2 (Fan Translation)
Aliens: Infestation
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns
Modern Warfare 3
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.