Hacking Can this be done?

McPhizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my ISO images on a 1tb HDD formated in WBFS. I created forwarder channels in WBFS manager so I can launch the games from the Wii menu, without the need for a (visible) loader. This is all perfect and exactly how I want things.

My problem is that I would like to load WiiWare games the same way. 512mb of system storage isn't large enough to hold the WiiWare games I want. I tried using wad2iso to create iso images from the WiiWare games so I could place them on my external HDD and then create the forwarder channels, but the games won't load due to the missing loader.dol on the root of the HDD, which I can't place there due to it being formatted in WBFS.

Is there a way around this? Will something else work? I was thinking of maybe getting a flash drive and use it for emulating my NAND, using Triforce, and somehow making a forwarder that links directly to the game on the flash drive, but I don't want to see Triforce.

Installing to SD is out of the question since I have a moderate case of OCD, and I'd go crazy not being able to see the banners or hear the music until after I choose to play the game. I do use my SD card for VC games though, since those banners are not anything to look at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a better solution agreed but I just don't enjoy the whole setup seeing as I just really don't bother with VC. Most of my titles that I would bother to use from VC can already be emulated easily and N64 is so limited that I just don't care to bother. Also his question was is there a way to do it without a visible loader.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Guardian said:
It is a better solution agreed but I just don't enjoy the whole setup seeing as I just really don't bother with VC. Most of my titles that I would bother to use from VC can already be emulated easily and N64 is so limited that I just don't care to bother. Also his question was is there a way to do it without a visible loader.

Also his question was to do it without using the SD card menu

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that's an intresting idea. Anyone remember which app file in the system menu 4.1U was The system menu executable? I haven't been working with the system menu since the days when I created a custom patched 4.0wad with a custom sysdtem menu theme for the ease of on single istall for my sytem menu ;P.....

McPhizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna try some things tonight. Using CRAP seems to be what I'm looking for, but setting up triforce might be too much, so I'll probably end up settling for installing them on the SD Menu.

If I were to use triforce, and already having a USB HDD, could I still emulate my NAND on a separate USB flash drive? Or will it just conflict? I'm thinking it'll search the left/top (good) USB port. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips