Can the PlayStation classic play Vita games?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by MrMrMr, Sep 3, 2019.

1. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I know the Vita can play PS1 games, but can the PlayStation classic play Vita games?

I have BleemSync and RetroArch installed, just wondered if there was a way for Vita games to be played?

2. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    No, the only Vita emulator to exist right now (or at least, the only one I know of) is highly experimental and does not run on PS-Classics.
    Nor does Retroarch have a core for it.

3. Dontwait00

Dontwait00 Unknown

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Mhm

You are asking for a PSVITA emulator?
    Defenetly possible, YES.

With Mediatek MT8167A quad-core ARM Cortex-A35 and GPU PowerVR GE8300, YES YOU CAN DO IT. LONG LIFE PSVITA.

10/10 best

4. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Ok pity thanks. Still have my Vita console, just trying to maximize my PS Classic!

5. Bergot

Bergot GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    United States
    Sell your ps1classics and buy a psvita TV...

6. seeWood

seeWood Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    Germany
    no yet, but with a PS Vita or a Vita TV you can play PS1 and PSP - natively!

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, that would be better honestly. Probably cheaper too.

8. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I do have a Vita TV, just don't want more consoles all over, couldn't resist the PS Classic on prime day for so cheap

9. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    That's a bit like asking if the NES can emulate the N64.. if anything, your Vita is the one with great emulation options.

10. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    Cheaper? Definetly not. The PS classic is getting sold off for $20/20€ everywhere now. That's including two controllers. A PSTV is around 100 currency units and that does not include a controller.

But its certainly a better choice.

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Prices must be different here, the PS Classic goes for way more than that. Probably not worth what they're asking for it TBH.
    At one point I saw PSTVs going for $20, they must have gone way up. Though you would also need a controller, and those are kind of expensive.

12. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Yep here in Scotland the PlayStation Clasic sells for about £30 and the PSTV from about £140 anywhere upto £200 depending on where you go for one.

13. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    I, too, bought my PS TV for 30€ when every store tried to clear them out. Didn't regret it. But prices have since jacked up significantly, unfortunately. Maybe the PS classic will have the same fate in a few years, though. But I wouldn't count on it.

Either way, the regular going price of a ps classic is about 40€ currently, but in the last five weeks three retailers sold them off at 20€ here in Germany (including gamestop) and I've heard similar things about retailers like wal mart in the US.

14. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I had a Vita TV and was all fine. I use an old DS3 with it to.

The PS Classic was £16 so thought why not! But actually as the Vita TV plays Vita games on it's probably better than the PS Classic. Both play RetroArch and PS1 games the same standard I think. Do Vita games have better resolution than PS1 on a TV wonder?

Will keep Vita TV as well as probably not worth selling. Both great machines really, PS Classic looks much better, but it's normally hidden anyway as use 8bitdo adapter for DS3.

Last edited by MrMrMr, Sep 5, 2019
  15. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    It's been various retailers over the last few weeks. ps classic is currently $20 at gamestop stores.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted