Hacking Can someone recommend an easy way to short pin 10 without taking apart the joycon?

Vashintari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am actually looking to try this out, but im having a hard time finding a suitable switch to install into the side of the JC. any ideas or links?

Pcjc2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You sir are a nitwit.

You (arguably, or at least partly) use the word homebrew incorrectly.

Your logic is faulty.

You give tips, that won' work.
-

Here is the logic loaddown for you.

CFW sits above the exploit layer as in "it gets loaded by an exploit". So it cant induce an exploit, without being loaded by an exploit. "But once it runs it can trigger exploit!" "Yes - and for it to run it needs to be launched by an exploit". Catch 22 ey?

So heres where we are "hardware assisted wise" - without talking about "modchips" - yet.

The pin shortening > boot to RCM thing has to be done on every (cold) boot.

Until someone does a still non existant kernel hack (people seem to be working on) to make it possible to trigger the exploit from just booting into RCM, you ALSO will need a powered device "talking" to the Switch over USB to trigger the exploit - to then launch into CFW.

We don't have Nintendos CFW signature keys - so we cant make CFW "look like" an official update, that you could just install over OFW, and make the Switch load it on boot, without exploiting the Switch first. After every boot.

RCM is the usb recovery menu - booting into it alone right now does nothing, you still need to exploit the device by talking to it via usb. Automating that step, so it can be done by the switch "alone" after you've talked to it via usb ONCE isn't trivial (where do you store this data that has to survive reboot (remember, this is before the OS (CFW) is loaded) - and also doesnt exist currently. although people say that they are working on it.
Auto rcm ? ;)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Post was written before autorcm was a thing. :) Brickmii was released one month later.

autorcm renames/bricks actual firmware on the system, so it fails to boot - but boots into recovery instead (black screen). I didnt know, that this was the default behavior for 'firmware doesnt boot', neither did (much of) the scene at that time, neither did I believe, that people would actually brick their systems, just to get 'more easy'. ;)

But in the end - sure. I'm using autorcm as well by now. :)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts