Hacking Can someone modify the Gateway RAW Save dump to Sky3DS converter script?

• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 7,465
  • Replies 58

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It can be confusing. When you use diskwriter the header needs to match in the template. I had issues initially as well but once I got it figured out it worked great. I keep a separate header file called "PersonalTemplates.txt" with all my person dumped games. I forgot to switch DiskWriter to that when I was writing the saves back and they were all corrupt. After changing to PersonalTemplates.txt it worked great!

When I convert the savegame from gateway to sky3ds I have the exe file in the same directory as diskwriter so they both use the same template file. I have also copied and renamed settings.ini to gamenames.txt so they are also the same file.

I thought that would do? As the save and game are both correct and using the same template file why do I have to make another one?

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Did the rom you use have a different unique ID or did you happen to use a different unique ID? You understand this is to copy from gateway raw (encrypted game cart dump) to Sky3DS. This doesn't allow random saves to magically work.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Ive only been doing this for a few days. How do I get a template for my games?
I do the dumps in Gateway and the games work on the sky3ds but the saves dont. So what do I do to get a template to work with these saves?

You need to dump the game from your carts yourself. Or use a powersaves device if you can, you have to retrieve the Unique ID from your save otherwise this is useless for you.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I DID dump the game myself. its my cart and I dumped it with the gateway launcher on firmware 9.2
It dumps the game and the save. I can copy the save back onto the cart and it will still work fine.
When I convert the save to sky3ds format it imports into diskwriter fine but in the game it says its corrupt.
The game dump works fine without any conversions.

As I said its my cart, I dump it myself, I dump the savegame at the same time as the game but its always corrupt when I try to run it on the sky3ds

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Ok. Now we are getting somewhere. Rename your dumped rom to .3dz open it in SkyArmyKnife and copy your unique ID into a template file or create a new template file like I did with all your personal dumped games.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok. Now we are getting somewhere. Rename your dumped rom to .3dz open it in SkyArmyKnife and copy your unique ID into a template file or create a new template file like I did with all your personal dumped games.

ok, So I have that number. I can put that in the savegame converter, done.
I think I found where to put that number in the template file. testing now.

Nope, didnt work. Savegame is still corrupt.
Where do I put that ID in the template file? I thought it was the 6th line? It usually has FF FF etc but I changed it to the ID and the savegame converter found it correctly. I copied over the game again, imported the savegame and its still corrupt.

No, its not the game chosen in the sky3ds, I always change to another game before removing it from the 3DS.

Its all on the same 3DS it was dumped from

EDIT: I got it working FINALLY.
Had to rename back to 3DS and create the template file.
Then edit the savegame after with that template file and now it all works.
WHY does that Sky Army Knife need it to be 3DZ? Stupid, just keep it 3DS and make it all easy for us.
Same as the savegame converter, why ask to manually put in the game ID? Cant it get it automatically?
Just questions to make it easier for everyone. But WHY have only that 1 app on 1 page have it force you to rename it to 3DZ? You have to rename it back to make the template so no need for it to be renamed to 3DZ if you ask me.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I dont know what happened but I just tried a few more games and the saves are still coming up as corrupt. I did exactly like I did for the first one but cant do it again for some reason?
I guess the first was a fluke as so far 4 games all corrupt.
Even the games are corrupt. They wont even show up on the 3DS when changing games with the blue button. It locks up the Sky3ds.
2 games corrupt saves, 2 games corrupt.

Isnt there a better, easier way?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... let me get this straight, we now have a way to convert savedata from Sky3DS to GW?

This works?

wtf?

EDIT:

Ohhhh... back to retail. If we could "restore" into .3DS or .3DZ that would be awesome.

Can we dump ROMs from Sky3DS using GW?

D

Deleted-19228

OP
ok, So I have that number. I can put that in the savegame converter, done.
I think I found where to put that number in the template file. testing now.

Nope, didnt work. Savegame is still corrupt.
Where do I put that ID in the template file? I thought it was the 6th line? It usually has FF FF etc but I changed it to the ID and the savegame converter found it correctly. I copied over the game again, imported the savegame and its still corrupt.

No, its not the game chosen in the sky3ds, I always change to another game before removing it from the 3DS.

Its all on the same 3DS it was dumped from

EDIT: I got it working FINALLY.
Had to rename back to 3DS and create the template file.
Then edit the savegame after with that template file and now it all works.
WHY does that Sky Army Knife need it to be 3DZ? Stupid, just keep it 3DS and make it all easy for us.
Same as the savegame converter, why ask to manually put in the game ID? Cant it get it automatically?
Just questions to make it easier for everyone. But WHY have only that 1 app on 1 page have it force you to rename it to 3DZ? You have to rename it back to make the template so no need for it to be renamed to 3DZ if you ask me.
Wait... let me get this straight, we now have a way to convert savedata from Sky3DS to GW?

This works?

wtf?

EDIT:

Ohhhh... back to retail. If we could "restore" into .3DS or .3DZ that would be awesome.

Can we dump ROMs from Sky3DS using GW?

You can, what purpose though? Just plug the MicroSD back into your PC and re-read the ROM...

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, what purpose though? Just plug the MicroSD back into your PC and re-read the ROM...

Have some games on Sky3DS I would like to transfer to GW without losing savedata. Just games like NES Remix, Luigi's Mansion... etc.

Re-Read the ROM? So open up zip file on Sky3DS mSD and pull the ROMs out and pop them into Red Card?

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Yes. You can't dump the save anyway without using their diskwriter tool.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that will carry over the savedata to GW? Or is the savedata on SD card not in ROM? Wouldn't I have to edit the header of the ROM to match the savedata on SD?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble with the converter. I dumped Smash Bros. ROM and save with Gateway, made a template with its private header and it after conversion it shows up as corrupted on SKY3DS. Also saves I created with a public header are not recognized as SKY3DS saves by the program when trying to convert them to retail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!