Hacking Can someone modify the Gateway RAW Save dump to Sky3DS converter script?

• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 7,448
  • Replies 58
D

Deleted-19228

OP
No. This is to just convert between two separate formats of the same encrypted save.

NoptheJmp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello again, Retail to Sky3DS option added, with option to input own Online header from retail cart for save to match, or auto add from template. report bugs here. ill fix later :)
thank you all.

Attachments

• SkySaveToRetail3.zip
    167.6 KB · Views: 325
D

Deleted-19228

OP
So far so good.

Only thing I would suggest is find a way to allow spaces in the header field because in the Sky3DS template format there are spaces so if you want to do a direct copy and paste you have to manually trim out the spaces.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Everything looks good. Tested conversion each way and binary file compare looks good.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
It converts both way but remember these files are encrypted. You can't just randomly flash them onto something. Still needs headers to match.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
It converts both way but remember these files are encrypted. You can't just randomly flash them onto something. Still needs headers to match.

This.
I tried flashing a Majora's Mask save from GW directly and to no avail, the encryption doesn't match (even if the headers do) and the game auto-deletes the save

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
What does it means by Cart. ID on that SkySave Converter ?
Sorry I'm new to this :sad:

Cart ID is basically the header. You can auto-load it from the template in the newer versions, or you can rename your custom header to header.txt and it'll detect the private header instead of the public one from the sky-provided file.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Before writing the game to sdcard with disk writer edit the template to use the same header from where the game that save comes from. And make sure save is from the same 3ds.
It is. IN the gateway menu I save the savegame then save the game at the same time so its identical. I then drag/drop the game into disk writer and install it to sky3ds. Then I convert save from gateway to sky3ds and import to that game.
it all goes good on the PC but when I launch the game it says the savegame is corrupt.
I did that with all my converted games and all are corrupt.
Your file is in the same directory as diskwriter so its got the same template file.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
It can be confusing. When you use diskwriter the header needs to match in the template. I had issues initially as well but once I got it figured out it worked great. I keep a separate header file called "PersonalTemplates.txt" with all my person dumped games. I forgot to switch DiskWriter to that when I was writing the saves back and they were all corrupt. After changing to PersonalTemplates.txt it worked great!

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It can be confusing. When you use diskwriter the header needs to match in the template. I had issues initially as well but once I got it figured out it worked great. I keep a separate header file called "PersonalTemplates.txt" with all my person dumped games. I forgot to switch DiskWriter to that when I was writing the saves back and they were all corrupt. After changing to PersonalTemplates.txt it worked great!
Ive only been doing this for a few days. How do I get a template for my games?
I do the dumps in Gateway and the games work on the sky3ds but the saves dont. So what do I do to get a template to work with these saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass