Gaming Can someone help tell if these are fakes? Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

GinaZ89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read several different guides about trying to identify real vs counterfeit cartridges, and yet I think I got duped anyway :glare:

When looking at the front, everything seems ok to me, including that they both have what appears to be a factory imprint on the stickers. However, they both happen to be imprinted as 11, which for some reason seemed odd to me. Also, there is a stamp in the internal board. But there isn't the oval around the word Nintendo, and it doesn't have the little copyright at the end of the word Nintendo. I do not have the tri-screwdriver in order to open it up to see the actual board inside.

The cartridges themselves were a little bit more snug when putting it into my GBA. On start up, it played the start up little scene, but when I hit start it showed me the controls of the game and a little intro about the game and little tips like to talk to everyone, blah blah blah. Then it just dove right into the game, not the menu of continue or start new game.

I've tried to get some good pics and would really appreciate some opinions. Thanks in advance.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

yafeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the sticker shiny ? If it is, it looks like genuine cartridges.

To be sure, try to be certain that there is no battery to hold the save.

I bought a really well done fake of Fire Red on eBay, with no battery, and a chip soldered to an original GBA cartridge (and finally got a refund :angry:). At every startup, it displayed that the save file was corrupted, except for that the game was working fine.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk looks funny to me.
And I thought all carts has the weird screw on the back not a tri wing

*edit
Neverending that's for gameboy color.

But still they look a bit off but it's been a while since I seen one.

GinaZ89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are shiny holographic stickers. Maybe I'm just paranoid but the fact that the imprint on both stickers happen to both be an 11 and are in the exact same spot on each... Wish I had a tri-screwdriver so I could get a look at the inside

yafeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think there is these numbers on fake cartridges. My genuine french saphir has 12, my genuine french leaf green has 15, but my fake french fire red has nothing.

GinaZ89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any place I can find out what a legit serial number on the inner board should be? I've read on one website that the AGB-E05-01 is a sign that it is usually fake, that real copies from Nintendo never have that number on them.

Also, do you happen to know where I can get a tri-screwdriver?

GinaZ89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you think mine are fake Joe? The stamp on the board doesn't have the oval around the word Nintendo, nor the little copyright logo at the end of the word Nintendo either.

GinaZ89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious if an authentic game shows the controls before the game starts or not?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 655

GinaZ89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you. If I can find the right type of screwdriver and can get the cart open, I'll be sure to update with pics

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
GinaZ89 Your cartridges look pretty damn similar to Joe88's, one of his doesn't have the oval around Nintendo or the copyright symbol either. So I think it's safe to say not all boards are made identically.
Only way to know for sure would be to open it, but to me they look real.

Reactions: GinaZ89

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going by the back of it
Those 4 rectangles are missing, the pins dont run up the back, theres metalic circles where the pins should be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1