How to Use Cheats on Pokemon Firered .cia (?) on 3ds? Pls Help

LeonErikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys, i searched over 3 hours for a solution, but i didn't found anything.. so heres my problem:
Right now I'm playing Pokémon Firered on my modded 3ds and I needed some rare candy for the endgame, because my pokemon are a bit underleveled.
So I thought I would cheat me some, but this is WAY harder then I thought.
I installed Firered apparently as a .cia directly via a Tutorial (This One: )
Because I didn't wanted to use the GBA Emulator the whole time, because it takes WAY to long to start for me. So now my question: What exactly do I have to do, to install or use cheats on my game? Is there anything in the Universal Updater that I can use? Do I have to install them with my PC and the 3ds SD Card? I would love you guys for some help and instructions, its really needed.
I just want the rare candys.. i tried everything :/
Greetings Leon

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if things have changed recently, but I don't think it's possible to cheat directly on GBA VC without the ROM itself being patched at the time of making the CIA (been a while since I've done GBA VC though so if things have changed somebody please correct me!).

What you should be able to do though is extract your save using GM9 (see this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-10#post-8790663). From there, open the save in PKHeX and add one Rare Candy to your Key Items pouch. Any item there can be used infinitely in FRLG, so it's a really neat trick. I usually throw Poke Balls in there just in case I spot a shiny lol.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just rip the save and then open it in PKHeX to add whatever item/ or Mons that you want?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol