OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lalafell.party
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not new to this place, but decided to start anew since I do not want to carry my past mistakes with myself

Call me SappoCube, Niki/Nikita or Fami (most common nicknames used)
I am not a developer or anything, I am more of an artistic soul.
I have boundaries about myself to save my own privacy, some questions will not be answered, sorry

I have an old 3DS (CFW) which is my favorite console to play on (have old model because that was only affordable one for me and I have nostalgia for this particular piece) - lately wiped all data and reinstalling games, so I do not have any progress in games so far.

Other favorite media include Gamecube and Wii era of games, Kirby series, LittleBigPlanet series (only 1 and 2), Yakuza/Like a Dragon series (or rather the cast, they are handsome), NiGHTS Into Dreams (do not like Journey of Dreams because it has a bad community and the atmosphere does not fit the NiGHTS character)

I currently play Pokémon X, Puyo Puyo Tsu and Ocarina of Time 3D (also will get Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 7).

Let's talk to each other!
we can exchange some opinions on video games

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1700771251968.png

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I currently play Pokémon X,
I want to get into Gen VI Pokémon games but it's taking the longest time for me to get into them for some strange reason. I guess cause when it was new to me, I didn't really seem to like them? I do NOT know. It's weird cause I've watched the heck of the X and Y anime when it was still airing. I've even heard tHts the online features for that game (And Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire) were superb for its time but I don't know how they work outside of the usual battling, trading and whatnot and how it's going to get affected by Spring 2024 when the online services get closed permanently. (Where's Pretendo when you need them)

Puyo Puyo Tsu
Great to see that there's another user in here that likes Puyo Puyo. One of my favorite entries in the game, but not my number one. That spot would be held to Fever, as it has a lot of soul out onto the game for it being one of the shortest but also a gioos way to reboot the series after Minna de Puyo Puyo, which felt like Puyo Puyo Tsu and Sun mixed together.
Other favorite media include Gamecube and Wii era of games
I grew up within this generation of video games, and it has to be one of the best ones. Nintendo and the other companies (mostly Nintendo cause I'm not an Xbox/Playstation fan as much as I am with Nintendo anymore)really knew how to make the games charming for their consumers even if people disliked how most of the games on the Wii used Motion controls. Honestly, I just ignore them cause The Wii would have to be one of the best consoles WITH Motion Controls cause it just feels better even if there's jitter within the Wii Rmeote and the Sensor Bar.

Mario Kart Wii, Wild World x2, Twilight Princess, and of course, Brawl are some of the favorite games I used to either play or watch on there. All fantastic on their own, and even the Puyo Puyo games on there were great despite me never playing them. (I've played 15th and 20th on DS respectively). Let's not forget to mention that this era of games spiraled Gen IV Pokémon which summoned one of the best Pokémon games (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum) with one of the best champions (Cynthia), with great charming personality to them. Even the spinoffs of the time had some of the quirks of the mainline games... I love this generation of Pokémon a lot.

Kirby series
Another great series. My favorites are Superstar, Planet Robobot, and Squeak Squad.

Since I've made my post quite long, I might as well put some of the things that I like in here too. I like mostly Retro games, but to name a few...

Terraria Most Tier II/III licensed Nintendo games (Starfox, Starfy, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc), the usual Tier I Nintendo games, Sonic, Klonoa, and that's ptrtty much it. I've lost the will to say more considering that at the time of me making this message, I've just woken up and haven't used the bathroom yet :((((

But once and for all, Welcome to GBATemp! (this saying has been embedded into my Keyboard help)

Reactions: CoolMe and BigOnYa

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @sappocube and welcome to GBATemp! :toot: :grog:
I want to get into Gen VI Pokémon games
Try the ORAS remakes, even though it's a gen 3 game it has some features from X/Y like the Mega evolutions etc., and it's a much more enjoyable game imho. For me XY sucked, forgettable story, forgettable companions/ rivals, forgettable locale the only notable thing about gen 6 is the mega evolutions, that's it.

Reactions: MHKN

MHKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lalafell.party
XP
Country
Antarctica
I want to get into Gen VI Pokémon games but it's taking the longest time for me to get into them for some strange reason. I guess cause when it was new to me, I didn't really seem to like them? I do NOT know. It's weird cause I've watched the heck of the X and Y anime when it was still airing.
Actually, I despise the XYZ anime (it is overrated and people blow its brilliance out of proportion for me), I think that XY games are unique in its existence because of the features introduced

I've even heard tHts the online features for that game (And Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire) were superb for its time but I don't know how they work outside of the usual battling, trading and whatnot and how it's going to get affected by Spring 2024 when the online services get closed permanently. (Where's Pretendo when you need them)
I also wonder about this. Pretendo does not state anywhere about online support for the Pokémon games (or many other games that use online features to begin with), so it is just more confusion for end user. Also, I do not know what online features besides trade or battle you talk about... PSS still works, Global Link closed a long time ago (personally never used it so do not know what was that)

Great to see that there's another user in here that likes Puyo Puyo. One of my favorite entries in the game, but not my number one. That spot would be held to Fever, as it has a lot of soul out onto the game for it being one of the shortest but also a gioos way to reboot the series after Minna de Puyo Puyo, which felt like Puyo Puyo Tsu and Sun mixed together.
I am not a frequent Puyo Puyo fan, I just downloaded 3D Classics Tsu for my 3DS and I kind of enjoyed the game. It is too hard for me after first two stages though.

I grew up within this generation of video games, and it has to be one of the best ones. Nintendo and the other companies (mostly Nintendo cause I'm not an Xbox/Playstation fan as much as I am with Nintendo anymore)really knew how to make the games charming for their consumers even if people disliked how most of the games on the Wii used Motion controls. Honestly, I just ignore them cause The Wii would have to be one of the best consoles WITH Motion Controls cause it just feels better even if there's jitter within the Wii Rmeote and the Sensor Bar.
I love that generation mostly for Nintendo games, but I also liked the PS3 title set (first two Little Big Planet titles, Ape Escape Move.. I liked the PS Move thing as well in other titles too
Besides Wii Sports, I did not use the motion controls in Wii.

Mario Kart Wii, Wild World x2, Twilight Princess, and of course, Brawl are some of the favorite games I used to either play or watch on there. All fantastic on their own, and even the Puyo Puyo games on there were great despite me never playing them. (I've played 15th and 20th on DS respectively).
I like Mario Kart, Smash Bros Brawl, Chibi-Robo, Pikmin and of course the classic Wii Sports. I had a Wii with GameCube support, so I could play both generations. It was fun.
I tried NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams on the Wii, but the controls were awful and it tends to glitch for me (nothing major, but still not perfect game)

Let's not forget to mention that this era of games spiraled Gen IV Pokémon which summoned one of the best Pokémon games (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum) with one of the best champions (Cynthia), with great charming personality to them. Even the spinoffs of the time had some of the quirks of the mainline games... I love this generation of Pokémon a lot.
I do not know why people say Sinnoh was the best. The games are very slow and I manage to do a lot of things before the health bar goes down to 0. I enjoy the atmosphere of Northern regions (after all Sinnoh was modeled after Hokkaido), but it was boring to me. I like the OST though, but I think community blew the games out of proportion compared to other entries.
Another great series. My favorites are Superstar, Planet Robobot, and Squeak Squad.
I enjoyed Mass Attack, Epic Yarn Extra (3DS), and the classic Super Star (both SFC and DS version)
Terraria Most Tier II/III licensed Nintendo games (Starfox, Starfy, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc), the usual Tier I Nintendo games, Sonic, Klonoa, and that's ptrtty much it. I've lost the will to say more considering that at the time of me making this message, I've just woken up and haven't used the bathroom yet :((((
I tried Terraria, but I do not know... it does not fit me, like Minecraft more.
I did not try other series you mentioned like StarFox or Kid Icarus, should give it a try one day.

Sonic's best games for me are CD, 3D Blast (both Saturn and MD), Adventure 1 and 2, and Heroes. I think it was best era.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto