SMZ2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cubefield
this is the game if anybody can make a homebrew similar to this it will be greatly appreciated this game is awesome
and I have feeling others will like this game too
nds.gif
biggrin.gif

nickbaker50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this game, I have almost no programming knowledge but would it not be easier to port the ipod touch version than to create one from scratch? Cause im almost certain the ipod version is c/c+(cant remember which) and I thought the ds also ran C/C+

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You just had to drive me to posting, huh?

First of all, iPhone/iPod Touch's applications are not coded in C or C+. It's very different.

No way in hell are DS games coded in C or C+ either.
And I'm guessing Cube Field was coded in Flash.

But you're right, it was on the iPhone/iPod Touch (even before the advent of the app store)
But it was NOT made by apple. You can easily go see that CubeRunner (I & II) are the same game, and not made by Apple. Now I'm not going to claim I know the history of this specific game, but I'm guessing it was created for the iPhone after it was coded in flash.

Lastly, don't EVER ask someone to make a game for you.
It is difficult to code games, let alone porting a Flash application to whatever language the DS runs. Plus, it's 3D. PaLib, the main library that Homebrew DS devs use, did not support 3D the last time I checked. Either that, or I'm really behind in the homebrew scene. You can't just barge into a forum and request people to make games. It would take a huge amount of time and resources. Law was correct, in his remark. All those shovelware games that come out, you may think, do not cost as much as 300$ also. guess what, it probably took a thousand or two, even with that scarce amount of R & D that goes into it. It's not cheap. If you don't believe me, try an easy language like Java. If that's still too hard for you, try BASIC. Still too hard? Tell me you would do it for some random stranger denoted by a obscure screenname and avatar.

Were you serious when you thought the people here would take this on?
Because personally, 300$ is not enough for me to create a game like this for the DS.

What were you thinking?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:

First of all, iPhone/iPod Touch's applications are not coded in C or C+. It's very different.

But you're right, it was on the iPhone/iPod Touch (even before the advent of the app store)
But it was NOT made by apple. You can easily go see that CubeRunner (I & II) are the same game, and not made by Apple. Now I'm not going to claim I know the history of this specific game, but I'm guessing it was created for the iPhone after it was coded in flash.

It is difficult to code games, let alone porting a Flash application to whatever language the DS runs. Plus, it's 3D. PaLib, the main library that Homebrew DS devs use, did not support 3D the last time I checked. Either that, or I'm really behind in the homebrew scene. You can't just barge into a forum and request people to make games. It would take a huge amount of time and resources. Law was correct, in his remark. All those shovelware games that come out, you may think, do not cost as much as 300$ also. guess what, it probably took a thousand or two, even with that scarce amount of R & D that goes into it. It's not cheap. If you don't believe me, try an easy language like Java. If that's still too hard for you, try BASIC. Still too hard? Tell me you would do it for some random stranger denoted by a obscure screenname and avatar.

Because personally, 300$ is not enough for me to create a game like this for the DS.

What were you thinking?
So mean XD he was asking not demanding and he even said he appreciated it. If he could have made the game, he wouldn't be asking. If some one does make it then every person(most people would also appreciated it) and he would have did it just to help people, not saying that u wrong of course.

SMZ2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:

What were you thinking?
Jeez man sorry i wasnt really asking someone to make one i was kinda wondering if there was something already like this and i thought the game looked kinda simple so it may be easy to make sorry though

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:

Hmmm... Actually most (if not all) of iPod Touch/iPhone games can be made in (mostly c/++) wrapped in Objective C. I'm willing to bet that most (if not all) Apps use both. Afterall Objective C is based on C/++ so every 'x++', etc is C/++.

nickbaker50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:

What were you thinking?

First off all, all I did was make a suggestion, and I even put down that I wasn't sure of the info! Also, seeing as how people make homebrew games for FREE, 300$ is way to much of a sum. What were you thinking?

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
nickbaker50 said:
First off all, all I did was make a suggestion, and I even put down that I wasn't sure of the info! Also, seeing as how people make homebrew games for FREE, 300$ is way to much of a sum. What were you thinking?
He was probably thinking $300 because he wouldn't really care about and it might be a waste of time for him, also people make homebrew games for free though they make them for themselves not because people like you tell them to.

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I'm starting to hate GBAtemp because of the idiotic people who come here now.

You go into any nds or wii forum you see people with 5,10,50,90. posts.
You cant even see the real tempers who have been contributing.

But I do remember that there was a homebrew request thread somewhere on tempy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1