Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
You just had to drive me to posting, huh?

First of all, iPhone/iPod Touch's applications are not coded in C or C+. It's very different.

No way in hell are DS games coded in C or C+ either.
And I'm guessing Cube Field was coded in Flash.

But you're right, it was on the iPhone/iPod Touch (even before the advent of the app store)
But it was NOT made by apple. You can easily go see that CubeRunner (I & II) are the same game, and not made by Apple. Now I'm not going to claim I know the history of this specific game, but I'm guessing it was created for the iPhone after it was coded in flash.

Lastly, don't EVER ask someone to make a game for you.
It is difficult to code games, let alone porting a Flash application to whatever language the DS runs. Plus, it's 3D. PaLib, the main library that Homebrew DS devs use, did not support 3D the last time I checked. Either that, or I'm really behind in the homebrew scene. You can't just barge into a forum and request people to make games. It would take a huge amount of time and resources. Law was correct, in his remark. All those shovelware games that come out, you may think, do not cost as much as 300$ also. guess what, it probably took a thousand or two, even with that scarce amount of R & D that goes into it. It's not cheap. If you don't believe me, try an easy language like Java. If that's still too hard for you, try BASIC. Still too hard? Tell me you would do it for some random stranger denoted by a obscure screenname and avatar.

Were you serious when you thought the people here would take this on?
Because personally, 300$ is not enough for me to create a game like this for the DS.

What were you thinking?
took the words right out of my mouth. other than the $300 part i might try for that much but it might take me a while since i don't know how to code anything for the DS

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:

First of all, iPhone/iPod Touch's applications are not coded in C or C+. It's very different.
Ohh, you just had to be a dick didn't you. Which gets me to posting.

Wrong. 99% iPhone/iPod Touch programming is all C/C++/Objective C. (the other 1% is Assembly I am sure)
VERY WRONG. (Almost all DS games are C/C++ even the official ones!).
BakuFunn said:

But you're right, it was on the iPhone/iPod Touch (even before the advent of the app store)
But it was NOT made by apple. You can easily go see that CubeRunner (I & II) are the same game, and not made by Apple. Now I'm not going to claim I know the history of this specific game, but I'm guessing it was created for the iPhone after it was coded in flash.
The one that was linked is written in flash, but that has no bearing on to making/porting the game. (there is certainly a non flash version, even if not, the game doesn't look that complex)

Whatever who cares (if it was made by apple). You cannot exactly license something like that, at least beyond the name, look at tetris (though Russia really did try). But FYI the iphone does not/cannot run flash(its against thier EULA) or java (for the same reason).
BakuFunn said:
Why not? It just might work. Its at least more likely to work then sitting there and hoping, wishing and praying really hard someone will make it.

QUOTE(BakuFunn @ Oct 10 2009, 09:16 PM) It is difficult to code games, let alone porting a Flash application to whatever language the DS runs. Plus, it's 3D. PaLib, the main library that Homebrew DS devs use, did not support 3D the last time I checked. Either that, or I'm really behind in the homebrew scene. You can't just barge into a forum and request people to make games. It would take a huge amount of time and resources.
PALib is Fail, no one who knows what theya re doing uses it. Even if you did it doesn't HAVE to be 3D, looking at that game a faked 3D would be more then enough. Anyone competent could kick out a simple version of that game in about 8 hours. (Not really interested enough to do so myself).

Time yes, resources... not really. Any PC that is capable of running windows probably do it, oh right those are rare .
QUOTE(BakuFunn @ Oct 10 2009, 09:16 PM)
Law was correct, in his remark. All those shovelware games that come out, you may think, do not cost as much as 300$ also. guess what, it probably took a thousand or two, even with that scarce amount of R & D that goes into it. It's not cheap. If you don't believe me, try an easy language like Java. If that's still too hard for you, try BASIC. Still too hard? Tell me you would do it for some random stranger denoted by a obscure screenname and avatar.

Because personally, 300$ is not enough for me to create a game like this for the DS.

What were you thinking?
Blah blah, I did BASIC when I was 10, written on notepads with pencil. Get over it. The only reason someone cannot learn a language is either because
1. They honestly really do not want to, don't have the time to or think they never could (I wonder why they would think that) or
2. Lack of documentation on the language. Not really a problem with the Internet, so go back to 1.

300 that would be sweet! But no, most the time people make amazing things for free. Because they find it interesting. Also they were probably thinking that people wouldn't be an ass about it.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And Chase-san's post is why we shouldn't discount people based on their postcount. Even if they only have 50 posts, they may be able to contribute and, indeed, completely refute someone's argument. Gratz on proving that noobs are people too, Chase.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Blah blah, I did BASIC when I was 10, written on notepads with pencil. Get over it. The only reason someone cannot learn a language is either because
1. They honestly really do not want to, don't have the time to or think they never could (I wonder why they would think that) or
2. Lack of documentation on the language. Not really a problem with the Internet, so go back to 1.

QFT

I wholeheartedly agree that if you really want to learn how to program something then you will and if you give up then you just weren't wanting to learn badly enough.

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
god SMZ2 that will teach u for asking about something on this forum .
hate2.gif

on a happy note i just checked out your list of tools cracker . that is some fine work .

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nickbaker50 said:
BakuFunn said:

It is difficult to code games, let alone porting a Flash application to whatever language the DS runs. Plus, it's 3D. PaLib, the main library that Homebrew DS devs use, did not support 3D the last time I checked. Either that, or I'm really behind in the homebrew scene. You can't just barge into a forum and request people to make games. It would take a huge amount of time and resources. Law was correct, in his remark. All those shovelware games that come out, you may think, do not cost as much as 300$ also. guess what, it probably took a thousand or two, even with that scarce amount of R & D that goes into it. It's not cheap. If you don't believe me, try an easy language like Java. If that's still too hard for you, try BASIC. Still too hard? Tell me you would do it for some random stranger denoted by a obscure screenname and avatar.

What were you thinking?

First off all, all I did was make a suggestion, and I even put down that I wasn't sure of the info! Also, seeing as how people make homebrew games for FREE, 300$ is way to much of a sum. What were you thinking?

even though its already been said,
people make games for themselves, not when some idiot comes in and (even if asked nicely)"plz port game plz"
look at most of those porting game requests, they always get flamed.

QUOTE(Chase-san @ Oct 14 2009, 03:58 AM)
Blah blah, I did BASIC when I was 10, written on notepads with pencil.
no offence, but im quite curious by what other kids your age did that time instead of learning basic.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't give up on this game yet
tongue.gif
My brother actually started working on it yesterday and will probably be done tomorrow.
Some bad cellphone photos:

No theres not motion blur on the boxes my camera just suck xD

Title screen outcast:
previewtp.jpg

BakuFunn said:
We laughed alot at this one xD

D

Deleted_171835

Chase-san said:
Blah blah, I did BASIC when I was 10, written on notepads with pencil.

It's not that shocking. I learned HTML when I was 10. Then again, HTML is easy!

SMZ2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WioWao said:
Don't give up on this game yet
tongue.gif
My brother actually started working on it yesterday and will probably be done tomorrow.
Some bad cellphone photos:

No theres not motion blur on the boxes my camera just suck xD

Title screen outcast:
previewtp.jpg

BakuFunn said:
We laughed alot at this one xD
Wow thanks a lot sorry about this post im new to this community and homebrew lol
And yes I no how to code just not for the ds haha
yay.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beamquaker said:
god SMZ2 that will teach u for asking about something on this forum .
hate2.gif

on a happy note i just checked out your list of tools cracker . that is some fine work .

Thanks for the thanks... It is few and far between. Homebrew devs just don't get enough kudos...

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad you like it ^^ I only made the menu pictures thingies. My brother made all the difficult coding 3d stuff.

Do not hesitate with ideas for other small games even though the majority of the board are 1337hackzor dudez who will tell you not to request games and they just know everything about c++ and bla bla xD

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
I will look at the helicopter stuff
tongue.gif

About Bloxavoid someone suggested a few new features to be implemented.
Some of it is currently being worked on:
Wifi - Add highscores
New music
Motion sensor/pack support - since we dont have one we cant test it :/ wont be implemented
Settings instead of the "omg beta version no settings". (Different control styles)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I have heard of the Fallout TV series. Many people thought it was good.