(DSI) "Couldn't mount sd card!" when I try to load GBA games, anyone have a fix?

xxochitla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded TWiLight Menu++ on my DSI. It runs NDS games fine, but GBA games create this error. Placed gba_bios.bin in the _gba folder but that didn't do it. Anybody have a possible solution?

DSI.PNG

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a flashcard, or the DSi SD Card?
Also, rename "gba_bios.bin" to just "bios.bin", or else GBARunner2 won't recognize it.

xxochitla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a flashcard, or the DSi SD Card?
Also, rename "gba_bios.bin" to just "bios.bin", or else GBARunner2 won't recognize it.
Using a SD card from amazon lol, reformatted it to FAT32. I renamed the bios to bios.bin but to no avail

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used GUIFormat since this card has 32gb. It was exFAT prior to reformatting though if that has something to do with it
Then you only need to use SDFormatter, since the SD card is not larger than 32GB (unless that application is what made it exFAT)?

xxochitla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If using both SDFormatter and GUIFormat in order has not fixed the issue with GBARunner2, then either try an SD card with a smaller capacity size, or wait until GBARunner3 gets bundled with TWLMenu++.
Ran it through GUIFormat again and everything's working, thank you!! And thanks for the quick responses as well

Reactions: RocketRobz

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, did you use both SDFormatter and GUIFormat in order?
This worked for me too! Thanks! It's odd, because the SD card was FAT32, but for some reason, GBARunner2 didn't work until I did the SDFormat followed by another GUIFormat. I'm just curious, though, what does the SDFormatter do that GBARunner2 needs to mount the SD card?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked for me too! Thanks! It's odd, because the SD card was FAT32, but for some reason, GBARunner2 didn't work until I did the SDFormat followed by another GUIFormat. I'm just curious, though, what does the SDFormatter do that GBARunner2 needs to mount the SD card?
Windows default formatting tool doesn't properly format SD cards, as it'd treat them as hard drives.
With SDFormatter, it uses the official SD card formatting specifications.

Reactions: anotherthing

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that makes sense. I got the DSi from a pawn shop. Baby blue, only two small scratches on the lid, the screens are in great shape, and the original stylus for $35. I backed up the card when I got it, but I probably should have formatted it myself, and then put everything back. Though, it is a 64GB card formatted to FAT32, so I don't think it was formatted with Windows. Then again, I never use Windows to format SD cards, so I can't recall the largest size Windows will format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye