Hacking Can scrubbed disc be detected or not?

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible that Nintendo can update the IOS in the future such that those removed garbage data can be read and verified to determine if the disc is an original or not?

If it is possible, am I correct to assume a full size ISO will be safe forever (i.e. can never be detected) ? Like using an LG with rawdump to create 1:1 copy?

Back to the first question, even if it is possible to be detected, what about the legal issue if I own an original but playing on a scrubbed backup?

thanks for answering

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
player0 said:
Is it possible that Nintendo can update the IOS in the future such that those removed garbage data can be read and verified to determine if the disc is an original or not?
Yes.
QUOTE said:
If it is possible, am I correct to assume a full size ISO will be safe forever (i.e. can never be detected) ? Like using an LG with rawdump to create 1:1 copy?
No. See 001 problem.
Back to the first question, even if it is possible to be detected, what about the legal issue if I own an original but playing on a scrubbed backup?
Depends on where you live.

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
felix123 said:
player0 said:
Yes.
QUOTE said:
No. See 001 problem.
QUOTE said:
Depends on where you live.

Hummm, after some searches it seems that some people got the 001 error while some didnt for the same game. There are methods to overcome this but I could not find info on what causes this error...

For me I have never run into an 001 error (with WiiKey 1.9g)

I am in Australia

QUOTE(ciper @ Sep 24 2008, 01:25 AM)
How will they know if you don't connect the system to the internet?

Of course I will go onto the Internet using Wii. Even though I dont explicitly click onto the Internet, who knows if Nintendo will do any uploading on the background? It is even possible they store some game specific garbage data CRCs in their new IOS update on game disc, which does not require an Internet connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol