Hacking Can I transfer Eshop purchased saves/Retail cart saves to roms?

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have looked and can't find a straight answer. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I have FE:A and Paper Mario and would like to just delete them from my SD card and have them on my much larger microSD Gateway card but I don't want to lose my save data. Thank you in advance.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. I have several retail games and would love to just play their roms but want to be able to transfer my save data. Same with Eshop purchased games. Is this possible?

SlowpokeVG

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There's a program called SaveDataFiler. I haven't tried it yet. But sounds like it's what you are searching for.

This 3DS Developer application allows save files and extdata to be exported and imported from an SD Card. The window has three tabs:
  • User - This is where saves for 3DS applications and saves on 3DS Game Cards(not DS Game Cards) can be exported to the SD Card. Saves cannot be deleted here.
  • ExtData - This is where application extdata can be deleted or exported to the SD Card for later use
  • SD - This is where extdata and application saves on the SD Card can be imported to the 3DS or 3DS Game Card. Also extdata and application saves can be deleted from the SD Card

User save data is exported to sdmc:/filer/UserSaveData/YYYYMMDD(Hour)(Minute)(Second)

It creates a folder in that path and 3 files. The 2 files exported to the above path are <uniqueID>.dat and <uniqueID>_.dat while a folder named /<uniqueID>/ in that path contains <ExHeader Name>.dat

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a program called SaveDataFiler. I haven't tried it yet. But sounds like it's what you are searching for.
But I read that Gateway uses a different savegame-format. The one that was used before firmware 6.x. So if your 3DS is on 8.x, you won't be able to use these savegames ...

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm on 9.2 and most of my eshop and retail games Ares under 6.x so I guess I would have to wait for the 4.5 downgrade?

manuslm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I guess that with Gateway ultra there should be no problems, as the SysNAND is over 6.0 right?
I might be mistaken, but it's something I've been wondering too, as I am in the same situation as Starzboy77.
And two of my games are Zelda ALBW (eShop) and Pokémon Y (retail)...

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 6.x crypot is now supported but the problem is we still can't use SaveDataFiler for CARD1 games because of how GW works.
In Gateway Mode: Can't read retail cartridge, supports SDF cia
In Classic Mode. Can read retail cartridge, won't run SDF cia due to missing license etc

Quite the dilemma...

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, 6.x crypot is now supported but the problem is we still can't use SaveDataFiler for CARD1 games because of how GW works.
In Gateway Mode: Can't read retail cartridge, supports SDF cia
In Classic Mode. Can read retail cartridge, won't run SDF cia due to missing license etc

Quite the dilemma...
In your opinion, what's the best way to handle this whole mess?

I own a 8.1 3DS and quite a lot legit games.

Should I just play the the single-player ones via Gateway classic mode and dump the multiplayer-ones (incl. a new savegame)?

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your opinion, what's the best way to handle this whole mess?

I own a 8.1 3DS and quite a lot legit games.

Should I just play the the single-player ones via Gateway classic mode and dump the multiplayer-ones (incl. a new savegame)?
One thing I didn't think about is: You could try to backup your save from the cartridge in the Gateway menu, dump your cartridge to ROM and rename the save to the GW ID standard. Maybe it will be picked up if you then use the ROM. Haven't tried that yet tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o