Hacking Can I ressurect a unrecognized R4i with another R4 card?

figures

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Basicly I tried to run a custom menu for the card. I readed it was compatible with my card, but alas.
I ran the application, and it froze. After restart, the DS can't recognize the card. I tried it on another DS, but it is still not recognized.
I have another R4 card, but it is from r4i-sdhc (the bricked one is from r4isdhc, not the same model)
So can I ressurect my bricked card by using the one that is working? Or Ill risk and probably brick the other card as well?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basicly I tried to run a custom menu for the card. I readed it was compatible with my card, but alas.
I ran the application, and it froze. After restart, the DS can't recognize the card. I tried it on another DS, but it is still not recognized.
I have another R4 card, but it is from r4i-sdhc (the bricked one is from r4isdhc, not the same model)
So can I ressurect my bricked card by using the one that is working? Or Ill risk and probably brick the other card as well?
What kernel did you try to run specifically? Usually running a kernel those flashcarts aren't compatible with usually just crashes and you have to reboot the console.

figures

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
What kernel did you try to run specifically? Usually running a kernel those flashcarts aren't compatible with usually just crashes and you have to reboot the console.
I tried to run YSMenu on the card. The botton screen showed black and the botton gray, after restart, the console did not recognize it.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to run YSMenu on the card. The botton screen showed black and the botton gray, after restart, the console did not recognize it.
That is definitely strange, YSmenu has never been known to break a flashcart, I think you got a defect cart in my opinion. I recommend you keep having a jab with it and looking into a new cart. I recommend the R4i Gold 3DS Plus.

figures

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
That is definitely strange, YSmenu has never been known to break a flashcart, I think you got a defect cart in my opinion. I recommend you keep having a jab with it and looking into a new cart. I recommend the R4i Gold 3DS Plus.
The card was working fine. I have it since 2013 and it was doing it's work. Then I tried to run YSMenu on it and it is not recognized anymore.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card was working fine. I have it since 2013 and it was doing it's work. Then I tried to run YSMenu on it and it is not recognized anymore.
You may have ran the wrong YSmenu kernel for the flashcart, I would just get an upgrade in my opinion. As I said earlier, my recommendation is the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, though I do not know where you live so I cannot give you a link to buy it, you can find places to buy them though, just gotta Google a little bit.

figures

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
You may have ran the wrong YSmenu kernel for the flashcart, I would just get an upgrade in my opinion. As I said earlier, my recommendation is the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, though I do not know where you live so I cannot give you a link to buy it, you can find places to buy them though, just gotta Google a little bit.
Thanks for the suggestion. I already have another R4i, but it's 1.4 so it can't work on my DSi, since its 1.4.5. I guess Ill downgrade it when the flipnote exploit for EU DSi comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0