Hacking Can I play online with softmii? What are the risks?

zuil10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
I own a wii for about one week and have now installed softmii with preloader 0.27, every backup (iso) i tried worked perfectly (even the black screens on some games after loading throught the disc channel have dissapeared after disabling the force region free and video mode on the preloder settings) but now i want to go to the next step, so i want to know if i can go online with my softmodded wii and play the backups normally.
Is there the risk, like on a Xbox360 of the servers detect the mods and brick the console or the backups won´t even run?
Tell me your experiences
thanks

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no real network for them to ban you from. its not like xbox live or home where you have to sign up(or pay in xbox live) and not a big enough online community for them to bother.

Heykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No banning. The biggest issue is getting disconnected from servers for not having the latest system menu. Been booted a bunch of times while trying to play Mario Kart.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heykrop said:
No banning. The biggest issue is getting disconnected from servers for not having the latest system menu. Been booted a bunch of times while trying to play Mario Kart.
That makes no sense, the highest firmware you could have through means of disc updates is 3.2 right? That is assuming you have 3.2.

EDIT: Oh wait, i'm stupid. You're playing online. So you have access to online updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ